Temperature readings on a very hot and humid day inside a 3520 cab

/ Temperature readings on a very hot and humid day inside a 3520 cab #1  

shortthrow50

Banned
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
I read comments from time to time about crappy air conditioners on 3x20 and 4x20 tractors. These individuals need to make sure there filters and condensers are clean.From my experience, you shouldnt have to use setting 3 unless the tractor has been sitting in the sun with the a/c off and you need a quick cool down. I had over a 30 degree difference of air temperature in the cab versus outside today. When i had to get out to open a pasture gate to get through and then get back in cab, i got the shivers. Never went past blower setting 2. I also have sun shades that cover all the windows so its pretty dark in the cab. There was condensation on parts of the roof. Anyway, here is some pictures of the outside and inside temp readings in the cab. I had the outside sensor in the back up by the roof. The vents are putting out somewhere about mid 40 degree range. 101.5 outside and 69.7 inside
IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

/ Temperature readings on a very hot and humid day inside a 3520 cab #2  
i agree. i haven't taken any measurements but setting 2 on the fan usually is plenty. and its been darn hot a few days.

no shades on the windows for me. i couldn't complain one bit!

/ Temperature readings on a very hot and humid day inside a 3520 cab #3  
I read comments from time to time about crappy air conditioners on 3x20 and 4x20 tractors. These individuals need to make sure there filters and condensers are clean.From my experience, you shouldnt have to use setting 3 unless the tractor has been sitting in the sun with the a/c off and you need a quick cool down. I had over a 30 degree difference of air temperature in the cab versus outside today. When i had to get out to open a pasture gate to get through and then get back in cab, i got the shivers. Never went past blower setting 2. I also have sun shades that cover all the windows so its pretty dark in the cab. There was condensation on parts of the roof. Anyway, here is some pictures of the outside and inside temp readings in the cab. I had the outside sensor in the back up by the roof. The vents are putting out somewhere about mid 40 degree range. 101.5 outside and 69.7 inside
That is great performance!! I have heard that the orange ones don't do so good:mad:

/ Temperature readings on a very hot and humid day inside a 3520 cab #4  
on my MY 2011 4720, the A/C did not seem to be working that well yesterday, then the red "STOP" light came on "Engine Temp" shut it down and discovered clogging (dust, grass, dirt) between the condensers / ratiators etc. let it cool, clened out everthing with water, air clean the outside air filter...got back to work and froze by but off!

/ Temperature readings on a very hot and humid day inside a 3520 cab #5  
Just out of curiosity, was your coolant temp in the red when the warning came on?

/ Temperature readings on a very hot and humid day inside a 3520 cab #6  
I have experienced the same so far with my A/C. My machine is very new but I have had quite a few days between 90 and 100 degrees. The A/C kept the cab quite cool and I found myself keeping the fan on the lower two settings after I got going. I have been very pleased with the A/C operations to date.