is john deere 3038e tough enough???

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #1  

gordell

Tractor
3038e jd
Will a 3038 the handle snow removal on a 1200 foot drivewaywith using a front blade attachment, weekly mowing 5 steep acres, and annual tilling 5 food plot acres with a rototiller and still last for many years or is this work load too much for this tractor. Please advise. Thank you.

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #2  
I think the 3038e will be just as tough as any other 30-40 hp tractor out there. But wether it will last for many years has much more to do with how you treat it and how you maintain it.

But just be aware, on of the big cons of the 3038 (IMO) is the loader dont com off. So I am not sure what you mean by "front blade", but just be aware, if you are wanting a loader, but not wanting it on all the time, this tractor is not for you.

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #3  
When I checked around before buying my 3038 I spoke with some folks who have given this little tractor tough use for more than a year and were pleased with its performance. It will give you as much performance as any similar sized tractor out there - and is a real good buy for the money. That said, CUTs are not as wide as full size tractors and I mow slopes up and down for safety. If your slopes are really steep, that will be mandatory for any tractor.

My 3038 pulls a box blade and scraper blade on my mile-long driveway well, and I expect it to do so for many years. The loader does not come off, but I believe you can replace the bucket with a snow blade if desired. I'd ask the dealer all those questions up front.

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #4  
Will a 3038 the handle snow removal on a 1200 foot drivewaywith using a front blade attachment, weekly mowing 5 steep acres, and annual tilling 5 food plot acres with a rototiller and still last for many years or is this work load too much for this tractor. Please advise. Thank you.

I have had mine for about two months now and put on a few hours. I am very pleased overall with the tractor. I will say though it is light and even with loaded ag tires that it wants to slide down steeper hills in 2wd (even if dry). As long as you are aware of that it should not cause any issues. The other thing if note is that make sure you check the brake adjustment. This tractor now uses the brake pedal to engage the rear differential. By pushing the pedal part way down it engages the diff and should release a short time after the pedal is released. On mine the brake pedal was just tight enough that the differential was not always disengaging. It appeared to be, but after giving the pedal a little more slack this has been a non issue. Simple issue, but could be troublesome if not corrected.

Overall, again a great tractor for the money. Shop around because the dealers have a pretty large span on price. Two dealers here were $3,200 apart on the same exact tractor. Hard to believe but its 100% true.

Good luck

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #5  
1) Yes, it's tough enough

2) JD now sells a kit that allows you to remove the loader quickly. Not just the bucket. The WHOLE loader.

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #6  
JD now sells a kit that allows you to remove the loader quickly. Not just the bucket. The WHOLE loader.

Anyone have a link to more information about this?

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #7  
It is a parking kit. It allows everything except the vertical masts (like the one the joystick is attached to) - i.e. bucket & mount and arms - come off. It includes parking stand, pins w/handles, hoses & hydraulic disconnects. From the description, once installed, removal & replacement are "quick & easy". I think you'd probably want the dealer to handle initial installation.

I think the part number is BW15872 and, depending on source, the price is somewhere between $350 & $400.

Do a search on TBN using BW15872 & you should find a post or two with more info.

Nick

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #8  
Thanks Nick. Good info.

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #9  
From yall's experience does the 3038E have issues with lack of undercarriage protection?

/ is john deere 3038e tough enough??? #10  
Welcome to TBN (edited after constructive comments about being the wrong forum). Thanks for pointing that out.

Issues? Take a look underneath and see what is exposed. Likely fine for yard work, but not so great for busting around in the woods brush hogging trails. Have to use your own discretion where you take the 3038E.

What is your plan for the 3038E? That will help a lot giving you a better answer regards the undercarriage. A stick catches one electrical wire can ruin your day.

I replace the lynch pins and the hairpin clips with 1/4" bolts and lock nuts, because sticks and brush can rip those off and leave important parts dangling. More bad day then.

Last edited: