jd 5525

/ jd 5525 #1  

Tractor
jd
the tractor has power reverser and has stopped pulling in either direction

/ jd 5525 #2  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Try posting in the John Deere forums and you may get some help there.

Ken

/ jd 5525 #4  
Yesterday my 5225 did the same thing while I was mowing my lawn. The tractor was moving forward and then it just stopped. I could get it to move a few feet in both directions for about a minute, then it stopped moving completely. The "N" (neutral) light on the display panel went out. I tried all gear ranges but the result is the same: no go. The engine runs fine.
Did you find out what the problem was with yours?

/ jd 5525 #6  
The problem on my 5225 was a burned-out fuse. In the fuse box inside the panel behind the left floorboard, look for a 10-amp fuse F18, location 26 (may be different on your 5525). On the 5225, it controls the circuit for the power reverser and dashboard gauges, warning lights, etc. To make sure the fuse is good, check for resistance using an ohmmeter. My fuse looked good at first glance, but it was broken. If the fuse is OK, then check the relays behind the dashboard, making sure that they 'click' when you plug them back in while the ignition is on. But don't start the engine before you check them, otherwise you won't hear the soft click. Swap the relays to determine if the problem is the relay or elsewhere in the circuit. If the relays are good, then check for a bad ground. Your dealer may be able to give you a wiring diagram whcih will show the ground wire.
That procedure is how I traced the problem back to the blown fuse - which I should have found in the first place.