Mowing mmm cutting speed

/ mmm cutting speed #1  

madison1

Tractor
2012 John Deere 1026R
Guys,
i have a new 1026R and would like to know at what RPM should I mow at.
It is a 60 inch mmm 7 Iron.
Thanks
Mads

/ mmm cutting speed #2  
I would think the RPM line colored in yellow with the little pic of the PTO is where optimum PTO speed is achieved for your attachments. Anything under that and you aren't getting proper blade tip speed for the MMM.

Greg

/ mmm cutting speed #3  
There is always a debate on this; I just go by the manual.

/ mmm cutting speed
I don't seem to have this rpm line and in the manual I can't find crap!
anyone with a one series I need help

/ mmm cutting speed #5  
Mads,this is from your manual.
Check line 8 under note. This states your engine (3200RPM) speed for proper PTO speed.
My earlier post was a 2011 dash.2012 is different. Sorry.

Greg

Using Rear and Mid Power-Take-Off (PTO)

IMPORTANT: Avoid damage! Use rear mounted equipment rated for 540 rpm. Do not operate mid or rear PTO over 540 RPM mark on tachometer.

NOTE: PTO operation for this machine is not intended to be used when the operator is off the seat. The safety interlock system will stop the engine and all implements if the PTO is operating and the operator leaves the seat.

Engaging the PTO

1. Sit on operator痴 seat.

2. Lock the park brake.

3. Move the 2-speed range lever to the N position.

NOTE: The starter will not crank if the PTO/RIO switch knob is in any engaged/on position.

If the operator leaves the seat with the engine running and the PTO engaged, the safety interlock system will stop the engine and all implements.

4. Start the engine.

5. Set engine speed to 1500 rpm or less.

MX46287

6. Move the PTO control lever (A) to desired operating position.

Position (B) - Mid PTO only.

Position (C) - Mid and Rear PTO

Position (D) - Rear PTO only.

7. Pull PTO/RIO switch knob up to the engaged/on position.

8. Adjust the hand throttle lever forward to the desired speed for the implement used.

NOTE: The tachometer PTO marker indicates a PTO speed at an engine speed of 3200 rpm.

Mid PTO speed will be 2100 rpm and rear PTO speed will be 540 rpm.

If PTO shuts off during use, turn off engine and push down to turn off PTO/RIO switch. Lock park brake. Allow engine to cool. Check coolant level and add coolant if necessary. Clean debris away from radiator cooling fins. Sit on seat, and start engine. Pull PTO/RIO switch up to the on position. If PTO still does not engage, see your local John Deere Dealer for service.

Greg

/ mmm cutting speed #6  
madison1 Setting on the tractor seat look at the tachometer....at the 3200 mark there is a PTO marker .Set engine speed to that marker.

/ mmm cutting speed #8  
I always set engine speed to somewhat lower than maximum rated speed depending on grass density. For really heavy grass the engine speed is usually closer to the maximum rated rpm's but none of my 6 acres of lawn is heavy grass especially this time of year. Most of the time I'm at about 75-80% of max rated rpm which achieves a very good cut with sharp blades. No sense in wasting fuel and causing unnecessary wear to equipment. This approach has served me well for many many years.

/ mmm cutting speed #9  
Does this mean ylu can't use a generator with this tractor.

Sure you can you just have to have your wife sitting in the seat while you watch the game.

/ mmm cutting speed #10  
jenkinsph said:
Sure you can you just have to have your wife sitting in the seat while you watch the game.

Haha!! With the 2305, if the brake is set, the pto will work independent of the seat switch. Is it the same on the 1026r?