JD 5303 Range Shift Lever Adjustment

/ JD 5303 Range Shift Lever Adjustment #1  

deere5105

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 John Deere 5303 MFWD
Is anyone familiar with an adjustment for the resistance on the range shift lever on a 2008 JD 5303? This is the 9F/3R Synchronized transmission. This is the lever on the left side from the seat position and controls the ranges A, B and C. The gear shift lever on the right hand side that controls gears 1, 2, 3 and R moves much more easily than the range lever. It has always been much harder to move and I haven't given it much thought since I primarily stay in the "B" range. Had some family members using tractor today and asked why it was so hard to move. Got me thinking there is probably some way to adjust it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

/ JD 5303 Range Shift Lever Adjustment #2  
had this same issue with my 5203! it seemed like it did it all of a sudden oneday. both levers shifted smooth and then oneday i got on the tractor and noticed the range lever shifted very stiffly. when the Ready to Mow guy from Deere came out to service my z-turn and tractor he must have noticed it when he drove my tractor because when I got home later that afternoon it was fixed. worked like brand new, never had a problem with it since! I can call him and ask him what he did since I have his personal cell number. must have been an easy fix because he didn't charge me for it.

/ JD 5303 Range Shift Lever Adjustment
I looked through the online manual last night since it was more accessible than my hard copy. I have email contact with the shop foreman with my local dealer. I have corresponded with him in the past this way when I run across something I had questions about. Might shoot him an email to see what the procedure is. Encouraging to know it should be a simple fix. Hate to ask you to go to the trouble of tracking this down.

/ JD 5303 Range Shift Lever Adjustment
RollingsFarms said:
had this same issue with my 5203! it seemed like it did it all of a sudden oneday. both levers shifted smooth and then oneday i got on the tractor and noticed the range lever shifted very stiffly. when the Ready to Mow guy from Deere came out to service my z-turn and tractor he must have noticed it when he drove my tractor because when I got home later that afternoon it was fixed. worked like brand new, never had a problem with it since! I can call him and ask him what he did since I have his personal cell number. must have been an easy fix because he didn't charge me for it.

Spoke with new shop foreman at local dealer. Stated really wasn't an adjustment. Stated could start with checking connecting rod that crosses tractor. Could be bent fork that requires going into area on top of transmission.

Since you had the same issue and it was corrected, would it be possible to find out what action was taken to correct yours?