John Deere BWA Disk any good

/ John Deere BWA Disk any good #1  

wbrowning

Tractor
ohn Deere 6310,2750,2355
I'm looking at a 20 footer with 3' wings on each side. I'm also looking at a 235 But i don't know if I can pull it with a 6310. Just looking for some information i will be disking some hay fields to replant.

/ John Deere BWA Disk any good #2  
BWA'a are good old tandems except for the manual fold spring loaded wings. Does the one you're looking at have cone or spherical disks?? I sold them when they were new. I've seen farmers even use them with the wings folded up. I've seen some 235's that wings on one side wouldn't plow level.

/ John Deere BWA Disk any good
235 is double fold which is the better one can a 6310 Deere pull the 235 bra has smooth round disk with manual wings 235 has had wings

Last edited:
   / John Deere BWA Disk any good #4  
What size is the 235? which type disks does it have CONE or SPHERICAL?????????? IS your tractor MFWD? does it have an extra weights or fluid in the tires???

2wheel drive spherical no weights but I do have water it is 24 foot which would-be. Be better for my set up

/ John Deere BWA Disk any good #6  
I think no way you can pull a 24ft 235 with an 80 pto hp 2wd.

Thanks for the reply I'll look at 20foot bwa I'm waiting on call back about had ram for my 467

/ John Deere BWA Disk any good #8  
I don't think it would be a really good idea for that small of a tractor running a big heavy disk, my 3 big 6000s work fine with my big heavy 637 disk and that is only 12' and 2 inches. But then adding another 8' I doubt the tractors can handle it. Unless I pull in a low / lower gear. I looked at some pictures of a BWA it looks a bit lighter than my 637 if it was 12'. Since your tractor is only a 2wd I don't think the tractor will like it pulling the disk.

The BWA disk looks more like the ticket.

/ John Deere BWA Disk any good #10  
The BWA disk looks more like the ticket.

As I stated BWA's were good tandems. BWA won't penetrate as deep as the 637 that Edward is referring to. I'm curious as the price asked for the BWA??