Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :(

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #101  
I have done similar, although not as costly things, and it made me feel more satisfied when the dealer picked it up, did the repair and brought me back the finished and like-new product. All I had to do was smile--and pay. Just my two cents.

Also my two cents--time for a new 60' x 90' machinery barn. You have enough things going on that it makes sense to be more comfortable with the equipment.

Congrats on what looks to be a positive outcome to a very bad situation.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #102  
pclausen said:
I'm going to see if he still has that large ballast box that mistakenly got delivered with my loader, and/or some other equipment or something that I can use. This way everybody makes out, the tractor get fixed 100% to my (and the insurance company's) satisfaction, and I won't have any actual cash outlay for the deductible.

It's best when it works out for both of you! They have an idea when they will have you back going? You will also have a new project on hand, the first customized category 2 ballast box!

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #103  
Pclausen, how is everything working out for you on getting your tractor fixed??

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :(
Looks like insurance company agreed with the estimate given by the dealer!

My plan is to remove all the "easy" stuff myself and then transport the tractor to the dealer for the actual replacement of the cab frame. In fact, I already started this afternoon. Here are some pics of the progress so far.

5085Mapart-01.jpg

5085Mapart-02.jpg

5085Mapart-03.jpg

5085Mapart-04.jpg

I was going to upgrade the OEM speakers, but so far I have not been able to locate them! No wonder the sound is muffled.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #105  
I think I see a crumb or speck of dirt in the corner...:D

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #106  
I would not take me long to have that shop properly dirtied :D It looks cleaner than my local JD dealer's.

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #107  
All kidding aside, you have one heck of a nice shop:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ Smashed GN trailer into back of my 5058M :( #109  
Looking good so far. If you find those speakers let us know, if they're not too bad to swap out I'd like to do so for my wife and son. The speakers are pretty muffled or poor quality, one or the other, maybe both.