Engine Speed sensor went bad?

/ Engine Speed sensor went bad? #1  

ocsurf16

Tractor
John Deere 870
pulled my 110tlb the trailer today and in forward and reverse its almost like jerking full speed or not...it does this all all three gears high rpm and low...cleaned the electrical plugs from under the pedals and still nothing...did some searching to pull off the engine speed sensor, hour later found it and pulled it off and problem fixed...soo i ordered a sensor and hopefully this fixes it but the weird thing is loader and backhoe work just fine as well as the creeper or inch button that works perfect...anybody have an issue with this ?

/ Engine Speed sensor went bad? #2  
I have the same problem with my 110 TLB. Been reading all the forums but not found an answer yet. One guy said he replaced the engine speed sensor and it did not help. Another one said the dealer replaced both the engine and ground speed sensors and re-calibrated the transmission to fix it. My dealer is so far away that I hope to figure it out and order a part. I pulled off the connector for the engine speed sensor once and blew the dust off everything and the next time it seemed to run fine, but now is jerking again. Seems like so many people have had this same problem. Hope someone can help us.

/ Engine Speed sensor went bad?
Dealer should be calling me saturday when the part arrives....i hope this fixes it if not ill take to dealer for the recalibration ..ill post my results

/ Engine Speed sensor went bad? #4  
I am certainly no expert here, but wouldn't the engine speed sensor cause the engine speed to fluctuate? I believe the ground speed sensor causes the transmision speeds to fluctuate.
The ground speed sensor (actually called the four wheel drive speed sensor on my 3520) failed and the engine ran normally at a steady rpm, but the transmission was constantly speeding up then slowing down (also the speedometer readout). It seemed to fail over a short time (just a few minutes), but the fluctuations became more and more jerky as time progressed.

/ Engine Speed sensor went bad?
i replaced the sensor and everything seems to be working fine now, after the weekend i have a job so well see if it holds up