More Trouble with the 6430 Premium.

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium. #1  

Edward. S

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere
I don't know why but every 150-200 hours it wants a new fuel filter and pops up the code ECU 1347.07 only occurs at this amount of hours and around 2000+ RPMs only during tilling. On the road or transport I never get it. I feel like its losing power and it runs a bit unusual to my liking. :anyone::hissyfit:

Attachments

• ECU 1347.07.jpg
    ECU 1347.07.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 1,251
   / More Trouble with the 6430 Premium. #2  
No specific knowledge... just a few thoughts. During tillage, the engine is working hard, drawing more fuel than during transport. (even at the same engine rpm) There might be some fuel flow restriction that becomes limiting with a slightly clogged filter. Does this machine have a fuel lift pump ? tank strainer ? Are the filters clogged when changed?, you might have contaminated fuel either supply or tractor tank.

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium. #3  
How many hours are on it and how old is it?

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium.
How many hours are on it and how old is it?

Got it new this year around May 2 and it now has 350 hours. Tank is usually full so it shouldn't be sucking up dirty diesel.

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium. #5  
Not sure how similar the fuel systems are from the 6000 series to the 8000 series, but I'd get a code on our 8230 especially when it was cold outside. Changed filters and it would go away for a bit, but would come back. It's been a while ago, but dealer did something to it under warranty.

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium. #6  
Got it new this year around May 2 and it now has 350 hours. Tank is usually full so it shouldn't be sucking up dirty diesel.

I was thinking that was a fairly new model. The reason I asked the CaseIH 5140 was sucking the rubber part of the fuel line flat and starving itself and giving fuel problems, hard to start and low power, the lines had deteriorated. Your problem should be covered under warranty if you find the right mechanic to diagnose the problem. Sorry I couldn't help.

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium. #7  
The ecu 1347.07 code means the high pressure common rail fuel system is not producing enough fuel pressure. There are many things that can cause this code. Fuel filters restricted is the number one reason. If it only comes when you are pulling it hard, fuel supply is probably the cause. Restriction in the tank, a bad fuel hose, or a weak transfer pump could cause it. Bad pressure sensor or high pressure pump control valve are also possibilities. If changing the filters cured it, then fuel is probably at fault. The filters in the newer tractors are much finer than they used to be, and the lift pump circulates 3-4 times more fuel through the filters than the engine can burn. So there is a lot more fuel passing through the filter than it used to be. If you are using 5 gallons per hour when running hard, the filters are actually filtering 20 gpm and most is recirculated back to the tank. Try cutting open your old filters to see how much dirt is in them. Filters can plug in 2 or 3 hours if fuel is dirty.

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium.
Okay, thanks for the replies! Still haven't heard from the dealer still after almost a whole week!

/ More Trouble with the 6430 Premium. #9  
I am having the same problem without the code error. Tractor excels sluggish until u change the fuel filter. No codes , no dirt in filter. Thinking of changing the supply fuel pump.