Tires 2210 Flat tire question.

/ 2210 Flat tire question.
Hey, just to say thanks, a simple plug did the trick. Must have been a thorn or something that caused a hole that was easily plugged.

Hadn't done one of those since I was a kid. Still nothing to it.

Thanks for your support!
Randy

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #12  
I wouldn't use slime. Some tire shops will not change a tire when they find slime in them. It does work, but it leaves a mess when the tire needs changed.

John Deere does sell a tire sealant, I didn't care for it though. It was just very messy.

I have had valve stems go bad, so check to see if it is leaking.

As for driving on the flat, unless you see scarring on the tire, it is probably fine.
I used to have the same opinion as you. That was until I started having a front left tire on mu Kubota B9200 that I could not keep air in. Replace valve cores, took it to the tire dealer twice, to no avail. 4 ply R1 tires are marginal for the load they carry w/ just the tractor, never mind the load in the FEL. I didn't like it, but eventually I slimed my tires. ALL my problems have since gone away. Gut feel is that the bead would not reliably seal, but who knows...

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #13  
Just wanted to add one more piece of advice that works for me... If a tire is leaking from at the rim- from bead not sealing, guy told me to use liquid teflon on the edge of the rim. Fixed my issue. Of course I would only do this to a slow speed tire, not highway use !!

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #14  
I have had flats lots of times from running over hawthorne branches while mowing my trails. The rear tires on the LX188 were fine, but it was usually the right front tire. I replaced the tires and put slime in them. I had to do the same to the sprayer tires.

On the JD2305 (similar to the 2210), I had all four tires solid foam filled. They will never ever go flat, but the ride is rough and the tractor leaves a lasting impression on soft ground in the Spring since the rear tires now weig 300# each. I have lots of wheel weight instead of putting corrosive liquid in the tires. The stuff is good but real expensive to have done.

SC