Tires 2210 Flat tire question.

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #1  

hppyfngy

Hey, real basic question. Excuse my ignorance, I've just never dealt with this.

My 2210 has a recurring flat on my right front. Turf tires. I think it's an '04 with very low hours. 225 hours or so and the tires look very good.

So, my dumb question is what do I do about a flat? It will go flat overnight and I can pump it up and use it a few hours, park it and flat again tomorrow.

I've forgotten to check it a few times now and rolled out of the barn on a flat. Have I damaged the tire by doing that, or maybe it's already damaged?

Thanks for any help,
Randy

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #2  
With it aired up and jacked up or elevated so it can be rotated, spray it down with a spray bottle of soapy water and see where the leak is. If you're very lucky, it will just be a bad valve core and you can swap it out. If it has something puncturing the tread face, you can either take it to a tire shop and have them fix it or get a plug kit and do it yourself. If it's leaking around the valve stem or bead, it will have to be dismounted and inspected. If it's a nick in the sidewall, a tire shop might not fix it, they won't on a passenger vehicle but an offroad might be ok. You can always put a patch on the inside or tube it if they won't fix it.

/ 2210 Flat tire question.
Thanks. I'll do the soapy water spray test tomorrow and see what I can see.

Glad to know I can tube it if all else fails.

Appreciate the advice.

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #4  
Do you do much loader work? I was always getting bead leaks on my 2210 fronts, but I did a lot of loader work, loader would lift a lot more than the tires are rated for, and I carried a full load of bllast on the back, it woudl be worse with no ballast. Best thing I ever did was crank up the green slime in all the tires of my 2210, most all of my problems stopped, however, I did have a few plugs from places where tree thorns stuck through the tires. Oh yeah, and I had the ag tires, not the turfs, and I think the ags have a higher load rating than the turf. Check for leaks and make sure the valve stem isn't loose. If you have a puncture plug it, other wise I woudl just slime them and see if that helps, you can go pretty heavy on the slime since your speeds are so slow....

Thanks Dan. I don't use the loader much or heavily, but I do keep it mounted. I may have slightly less ballast than I should have as all I have on the back is an auger.

I'll keep the slime in mind.

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #6  
Do you do much loader work? I was always getting bead leaks on my 2210 fronts, but I did a lot of loader work, loader would lift a lot more than the tires are rated for, and I carried a full load of bllast on the back, it woudl be worse with no ballast. Best thing I ever did was crank up the green slime in all the tires of my 2210, most all of my problems stopped, however, I did have a few plugs from places where tree thorns stuck through the tires. Oh yeah, and I had the ag tires, not the turfs, and I think the ags have a higher load rating than the turf. Check for leaks and make sure the valve stem isn't loose. If you have a puncture plug it, other wise I woudl just slime them and see if that helps, you can go pretty heavy on the slime since your speeds are so slow....

I had similar issues with my 2305, the problem was worse in the winter (cold temperatures). One tire had a loose shrader valve. I haven't had any problems since I put Slime in the tires.

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #7  
I wouldn't use slime. Some tire shops will not change a tire when they find slime in them. It does work, but it leaves a mess when the tire needs changed.

John Deere does sell a tire sealant, I didn't care for it though. It was just very messy.

I have had valve stems go bad, so check to see if it is leaking.

As for driving on the flat, unless you see scarring on the tire, it is probably fine.

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #8  
My riding mowers get flat tires on a regular basis. Slime has worked very well in them, I have not used it on my tractor tires.

/ 2210 Flat tire question. #9  
Guess it depends on what the tires are on, and who changes your tires. I don't use it my trucks or cars, but I have it in my tractor, gator, and a\ATV tires. Haven't had any slow leaks since I put it in.

Well, I won't resort to slime unless I have to. But if I have to, I will. Don't have to have a slime war...:laughing:

So far no conclusion. Went to get the tractor out and it wouldn't start. Battery charger on it overnight and still wouldn't start. Then I see the hot wire coming off the battery is practically falling off. So I'm having to repair that before I can lift the front and check the tire.

No big deal, but nothing is simple, is it? :rolleyes: