5205 John Deere PTO is weak

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #1  

djrdale31

Tractor
John Deere 5205
What could be wrong? I am not real familiar with tractors but am a good mechanic. Does it need hyd. fluid?....Where do you put it in at?....thanks......Help!

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #2  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Owning/Operating forum.

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #3  
I have included the link for the operators manaul for your tractor. It shows how to check hydraulic fluid and where to put it in.

Not sure what you mean by weak PTO, but also in the manaul is how to Adjust PTO Clutch Operating Rod this may solve your problem.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE72817_19/?tM=FR

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak
I have included the link for the operators manaul for your tractor. It shows how to check hydraulic fluid and where to put it in.

Not sure what you mean by weak PTO, but also in the manaul is how to Adjust PTO Clutch Operating Rod this may solve your problem.

http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMRE72817_19/?tM=FR

you are tha man. Adjusted the PTO rod and it worked!....Thanks a lot.....Doug

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #5  
Is this where I ask a question, or is there another spot?

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #6  
I've been told I have a "weak" PTO on my 9 year, 300 hour, John Deere LA145. When I engage the blades, they spin great until I attempt to mow. At that point the blades slow way down. If I stop and sit for a couple seconds, or back up, they pick up speed to normal until I attempt to mow again. This is with grass thats only approx. 3' long

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #7  
I have the same tractor, and I think if I tried to mow grass that was 3' long, it would stall the blades too.. tractors designed for grass that long are much larger..

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #8  
Is this where I ask a question, or is there another spot?

Not where you should post the question.. start a new thread under the board JD Lawn and Garden. As it is now, the thread is under the JD 5205 subject, unrelated to your LA145.
:welcome: to TBN and stick with us, as you will get your answer to the question. ;)

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #9  
It's been cutting grass that long for the past 8 years with no problem at all. This all started this season.

/ 5205 John Deere PTO is weak #10  
where do you click to start a new thread.