4310 with 300X loader would not lift bucket up

/ 4310 with 300X loader would not lift bucket up #1  

hawkerpilot05

Tractor
John Deere 4310
I am writing this in case someone may come across the problem I had with the 300x front loader on my 4310 tractor. I was moving dirt with it and scooped up another load. I brought the bucket down and when I went to raise it, it would not go up. The bucket would tilt forward/back fine but the lift cylinder would go down but not up. Really didn't know what to do so I called the local JD Dealer and they suggested that I switch the 2 lift lines on the front loader to the 2 bucket tilt connections on the tractor and put the 2 bucket tilt connections into the 2 lift cylinder connections on the tractor. I did this and when I commanded the SCV lever to the Lift position up/down, it tilted the bucket corresponding to how the lines were now hooked up. When commanding the bucket to tilt, there was no movement to the lift cylinders. Therefore, by switching the lines and having the problem switch, you could conclude the SCV was working on it and the problem was downstream of this.

I had a mechanic come by and he was able to determine right away that it was a problem at the connection from the tractor to the loader lines. What he did was when the lines are connected but you are not commanding any hydraulic fluid through them you can rotate the lines clockwise/counterclockwise by twisting the hose somewhat. So even though they are locked in you can rotate them somewhat, however when you command the SCV lever and hydraulic pressure is going through the line they will not rotate. He could see this with the one line on the lift side and new that the male or female connection fitting was bad. When he pulled the line off, you could see that on the male fitting of the front loader there is a pin that sticks out flush with the fitting. As it is spring loaded, it pushes against another pin in the female coupling and this allows the male/female fitting to pass fluid through it. On the male fitting the pin was slightly retracted and must have been enough to not press against the pin in the female fitting.

Unfortunately as usually it is the female fitting on the tractor that fails that is all he brought. Therefore I went and purchased one male fitting and put it on and it works fine. I am going through a steep learning curve on this used tractor and figured I would put this out there for others if it helps.

/ 4310 with 300X loader would not lift bucket up #2  
Just purchased a 2004 4310 with a 300X loader. It has 305 hours on it and it is new to me. Thank you for the info. Anything else you come across would be helpful as well.