To those with a 553 loader

/ To those with a 553 loader #1  

jbwrangler

Bronze Member
I have a JD 5105 with a 553 loader. It did not come with parking stands.

I was hoping someone might give me some quick specs on the parking stands (length, tube diameter and hole position) so I could build some.

Thanks in advance.

/ To those with a 553 loader #2  
Another thought, buy one and make the second one, part number is AW33998. Looks like the price is about $120.

Attachments

• 553.gif
    553.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,270
   / To those with a 553 loader #3  
At $120 I would hope someone with a 553 loader responds, or go to the dealer with a tape measure.

/ To those with a 553 loader #4  
I will try to remember to measure mine in the next day or two the next time I am at the barn.

/ To those with a 553 loader
Bump up

/ To those with a 553 loader #7  
JB,
I'll be down at my place tomorrow. I will take some measurements as well.
Hawk

/ To those with a 553 loader #8  
I finally remembered about this tonight.
1 7/8" O.D
1 5/8" I.D.
The foot on the bottom of the tube is angled. From the end to the long side is 35 3/4". From end to short side is 35".
There is a hole 5/8 Diameter that is 1 5/8 from the end without the foot. I did not note the orientation but it is for the pin that attaches to the loader I think.
There is another hole 1/2" diameter 23 5/16" from the end. It was not in line with the other hole, but I did not note its orientation. I am not sure what this hole is for.

After getting back to the house I am questioning a couple measurments. The wall looked thicker than an 1/8" like the measurements show and the orientation of the 1/2" diameter hole.

I have never taken mine off, so that is why the hole location is a little fuzzy.

If you cannot figure it out from these dimensions and the diagram in the post I can make quick CAD drawing of it and send you a PDF.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need more info.

/ To those with a 553 loader
Thanks bullseye! I can work with that. I am not trying to make an exact duplicate of the JD part. I just needed the basic measurements to make something that will work.

I really appreciate you taking the time to measure it.