I have a JD 2010 diesel

/ I have a JD 2010 diesel #1  

Knifer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey,JD 2010, International W6. '42 case
Looking for a new deck sleeve plate. Anyone have any good sources on some new old stock? part number is AT15762

/ I have a JD 2010 diesel #2  
JD still sells them AT15762 PLATE,CYLINDER LINER ADD 1,235.87 . Your braver than I would be to spend that kind of $$$$$$ on the most ornery tractor that JD ever put their name on. Good Luck,Jim

/ I have a JD 2010 diesel
yea that's kinda why I'm looking for a cheap one.:laughing:

/ I have a JD 2010 diesel #4  
That's why I have the JD 1010 sitting under the barn. The engines are so expensive to rebuild.

Well I only paid 400 for the tractor and if I have to put 1200 in the engine I still have a tractor for under 2 grand.

/ I have a JD 2010 diesel #6  
If the diesel engine requires a deck plate I promise that you'll spend a lot more than $1200 to get it running correctly. It wouldn't surprise me if the cyl head was cracked or the pre-combustion chambers were cracked/loose. Do you know if the hyd system or trans/pto functions properly??? You'll be money ahead to part it out or send to junk yard.

/ I have a JD 2010 diesel #7  
Sorry to hear about your double bad luck of owning a 2010 and it being a diesel.
A gasser 1010 can be made to operate with fair success but and diesel or 2010 chassis is certain high priced trouble.
On behalf of the readers and contributors on this site. Our condolences to you for having ended up with a 2010 diesel.

heads been checked it's fine

/ I have a JD 2010 diesel #9  
try abilene machine or bridgeport tractor, large salvage yards. Still gonna be tough to get a hold of a good one though but I have gotten lots of used items from both of these folks. Good luck.

About to start on the journey of finding the parts to rebuild it.

had one last question though is there another engine that would bolt up to this?