Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

There is an electronic throttle control mounted on the motor on all the machines. If there is no e throttle option, what purpose does it serve? From my understanding, load match regulates transmission speed

Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    From my understanding, load match regulates transmission speed
    Yes, that is the way Load Match on my 2007 3720 and 2010 4320 functions. Newer machines may be different.

Tractor
    John Deere 3520 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    There is an electronic throttle control mounted on the motor on all the machines. If there is no e throttle option, what purpose does it serve? From my understanding, load match regulates transmission speed
    So would that mean that eThrottle/AutoThrottle should be available on all machines? Dealer said that the eThrottle is ONLY available on the AutoHST not the eHydro... sounds... IDK.. ??

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Thowle View Post
    Dealer said that the eThrottle is ONLY available on the AutoHST not the eHydro... sounds... IDK.. ??
    Dealer may be wrong, as mine is. According to all other sources than them -including TractorData- ALL 4720's with eHydro have eThrottle and many other 3x20 and 4x20 have it too. However JD themselves don't make this very clear and, at least in the 4720, you won't find any eThrottle switch anywhere and the manual never mentions it by name. This feature appears to be concealed within the depths of the rather confusing cruise control options and somewhat interfaced with one -or more- of the "Match" systems the use of which, apart from MotionMatch, is still unclear to me even after 8 years of ownership. I find my 5105M much simpler to operate despite having a lot more controls. I would appreciate if someone could tell me in non-rocket scientist terms how this eThrottle thing is enabled on its own. By that I mean not having to set 17 other features in motion in order to get at it. The manual is useless on this and as for my dealer he says "eThrottle is for yard tractors I think, some have that switch". In other words he doesn't know jack sh.. about it.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Tractor
    2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    Dealer may be wrong, as mine is. According to all other sources than them -including TractorData- ALL 4720's with eHydro have eThrottle and many other 3x20 and 4x20 have it too. However JD themselves don't make this very clear and, at least in the 4720, you won't find any eThrottle switch anywhere and the manual never mentions it by name. This feature appears to be concealed within the depths of the rather confusing cruise control options and somewhat interfaced with one -or more- of the "Match" systems the use of which, apart from MotionMatch, is still unclear to me even after 8 years of ownership. I find my 5105M much simpler to operate despite having a lot more controls. I would appreciate if someone could tell me in non-rocket scientist terms how this eThrottle thing is enabled on its own. By that I mean not having to set 17 other features in motion in order to get at it. The manual is useless on this and as for my dealer he says "eThrottle is for yard tractors I think, some have that switch". In other words he doesn't know jack sh.. about it.
    the e-throttle works as such: when you push the hydro peddle in forward or reverse, it raises rpms like you were driving a car. almost works like the power reverser trans. But as already mentioned, only available in the 4thousand twenty series tractor.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    Karl, on the 4520 and 4720 equipped with the upgraded cruise swithches you get a separate switch to turn off/on the auto throttle function. Seems I remember that when installing the upgrade that you remove the existing cruise switch and it is replaced with three other switches. If you don't have the upgraded switches you may not be able to use the auto throttle function. It is a good feature and I use it most of the time except for things such as tilling or brush mowing where a constant pto speed is more desirable.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

eThrottle (auto throttle) is standard equipment on 4520's and 4720's only. It doesn't matter which cruise control you have, as long as all the switches have a place. I'm not sure what year the option became available though. I surmised that it was when the engine HP jumped up and became all electronically governed (maybe 2009???). The new operators manual DOES mention it.
    As does the service manual. I don't buy into the notion that the feature exists on "all 4x20's with eHydro", and that it just has to be "enabled".
    I've attached the schematic from my service manual. It shows where the switch goes, in case someone wants to experiment.
    It is a great feature that, to me, is needed to really make the "LoadMatch" feature shine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12