Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    933
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

    Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

    There is an electronic throttle control mounted on the motor on all the machines. If there is no e throttle option, what purpose does it serve? From my understanding, load match regulates transmission speed

  2. #12
    Veteran Member sunnyside360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,352
    Location
    Central PA
    Tractor
    JD 3720 Cab, JD 4320, Kubota M110X Cab, Kubota ZD331-72

    Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    From my understanding, load match regulates transmission speed
    Yes, that is the way Load Match on my 2007 3720 and 2010 4320 functions. Newer machines may be different.

  3. #13
    Silver Member Thowle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    118
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Tractor
    John Deere 3520 Cab

    Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    There is an electronic throttle control mounted on the motor on all the machines. If there is no e throttle option, what purpose does it serve? From my understanding, load match regulates transmission speed
    So would that mean that eThrottle/AutoThrottle should be available on all machines? Dealer said that the eThrottle is ONLY available on the AutoHST not the eHydro... sounds... IDK.. ??

  4. #14
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    403
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

    Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Thowle View Post
    Dealer said that the eThrottle is ONLY available on the AutoHST not the eHydro... sounds... IDK.. ??
    Dealer may be wrong, as mine is. According to all other sources than them -including TractorData- ALL 4720's with eHydro have eThrottle and many other 3x20 and 4x20 have it too. However JD themselves don't make this very clear and, at least in the 4720, you won't find any eThrottle switch anywhere and the manual never mentions it by name. This feature appears to be concealed within the depths of the rather confusing cruise control options and somewhat interfaced with one -or more- of the "Match" systems the use of which, apart from MotionMatch, is still unclear to me even after 8 years of ownership. I find my 5105M much simpler to operate despite having a lot more controls. I would appreciate if someone could tell me in non-rocket scientist terms how this eThrottle thing is enabled on its own. By that I mean not having to set 17 other features in motion in order to get at it. The manual is useless on this and as for my dealer he says "eThrottle is for yard tractors I think, some have that switch". In other words he doesn't know jack sh.. about it.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

  5. #15
    Gold Member BigMike50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    389
    Location
    Uranus
    Tractor
    2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse

    Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    Dealer may be wrong, as mine is. According to all other sources than them -including TractorData- ALL 4720's with eHydro have eThrottle and many other 3x20 and 4x20 have it too. However JD themselves don't make this very clear and, at least in the 4720, you won't find any eThrottle switch anywhere and the manual never mentions it by name. This feature appears to be concealed within the depths of the rather confusing cruise control options and somewhat interfaced with one -or more- of the "Match" systems the use of which, apart from MotionMatch, is still unclear to me even after 8 years of ownership. I find my 5105M much simpler to operate despite having a lot more controls. I would appreciate if someone could tell me in non-rocket scientist terms how this eThrottle thing is enabled on its own. By that I mean not having to set 17 other features in motion in order to get at it. The manual is useless on this and as for my dealer he says "eThrottle is for yard tractors I think, some have that switch". In other words he doesn't know jack sh.. about it.
    the e-throttle works as such: when you push the hydro peddle in forward or reverse, it raises rpms like you were driving a car. almost works like the power reverser trans. But as already mentioned, only available in the 4thousand twenty series tractor.

  6. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,392
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    Dealer may be wrong, as mine is. According to all other sources than them -including TractorData- ALL 4720's with eHydro have eThrottle and many other 3x20 and 4x20 have it too. However JD themselves don't make this very clear and, at least in the 4720, you won't find any eThrottle switch anywhere and the manual never mentions it by name. This feature appears to be concealed within the depths of the rather confusing cruise control options and somewhat interfaced with one -or more- of the "Match" systems the use of which, apart from MotionMatch, is still unclear to me even after 8 years of ownership. I find my 5105M much simpler to operate despite having a lot more controls. I would appreciate if someone could tell me in non-rocket scientist terms how this eThrottle thing is enabled on its own. By that I mean not having to set 17 other features in motion in order to get at it. The manual is useless on this and as for my dealer he says "eThrottle is for yard tractors I think, some have that switch". In other words he doesn't know jack sh.. about it.
    Karl, on the 4520 and 4720 equipped with the upgraded cruise swithches you get a separate switch to turn off/on the auto throttle function. Seems I remember that when installing the upgrade that you remove the existing cruise switch and it is replaced with three other switches. If you don't have the upgraded switches you may not be able to use the auto throttle function. It is a good feature and I use it most of the time except for things such as tilling or brush mowing where a constant pto speed is more desirable.

  7. #17
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    867
    Location
    Southeast Minnesota
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

    Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

    eThrottle (auto throttle) is standard equipment on 4520's and 4720's only. It doesn't matter which cruise control you have, as long as all the switches have a place. I'm not sure what year the option became available though. I surmised that it was when the engine HP jumped up and became all electronically governed (maybe 2009???). The new operators manual DOES mention it.
    As does the service manual. I don't buy into the notion that the feature exists on "all 4x20's with eHydro", and that it just has to be "enabled".
    I've attached the schematic from my service manual. It shows where the switch goes, in case someone wants to experiment.
    It is a great feature that, to me, is needed to really make the "LoadMatch" feature shine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 3520 brake issue - I think
    By jeffster in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM
  2. 3520 Transmission Shift Issue
    By Dmac1 in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 09:37 AM
  3. Starting issue with almost new JD 3520
    By Nokindadancer in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 06:01 PM
  4. Oil & Fuel fuel guage issue on 3520
    By jmt1271 in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 10:49 PM
  5. 3520 Radiator Issue
    By Vic_N in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.