JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

/ JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue #1  

Thowle

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4066R Cab w/ H180 and 4-in-1 Bucket
Having some issues with this LoadMatch thing... I ordered the Automotive Style Cruise/Speed/Load system, so it should be there..

I looked in manual, and it says to activate load match.. you go to the display, hold the display change button until it says "RELEASE" then it will show either "Coast or Load", and use the turn signal buttons to change it.. but on mine, using the turn signal doesnt change anything.. it just stays at "Cruise".. if I hit the display button again it goes to the settings for LONG and SHORT that I can change with the turn signal switch.

If I just hit the display button and thumb through the displays, I see LOADOFF.. and I can hit the button with the wheel symbol to the "1" position, and it changes to "LOADON"... but, when I press the forward pedal having the throttle all the way down; it never increases.. so I'm thinking it isn't working -- unless I'm missing something?

I looked on the system configuration, and it is set to "04 11".

/ JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue #2  
If you have the automotive style cruise option you use the LoadMatch physical switch to turn on/off LoadMatch. It is located on the left hand side of the dash. It is noticeable when it is on or off. I don't understand what you mean with your reference to the throttle.

/ JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue #3  
If you have the automotive style cruise option you use the LoadMatch physical switch to turn on/off LoadMatch. It is located on the left hand side of the dash. It is noticeable when it is on or off. I don't understand what you mean with your reference to the throttle.

I think he is referring to eThrottle. I was confused as well...He clarified that on the "other forum". Where is the eThrottle switch located on the 3x20's?
Looking at his pictures on GTT, it doesn't appear to be there.

/ JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue
Maybe I'm missing the eThrottle? I figured it was included in the automotive package.

I'm trying to make my forward pedal control throttle too? So by pressing to go faster it will automatically increase engine rpm.

/ JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue #5  
I see, that makes sense to me now. The automotive cruise package does not include eThrottle. I am not sure if eThrottle is available on the 3x20 series?

Hmm I was thinking I saw eThrottle... But maybe not? Anyone know if its even available on the 3520? Figured so since its an eHydro?

/ JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue #7  
Hmm I was thinking I saw eThrottle... But maybe not? Anyone know if its even available on the 3520? Figured so since its an eHydro?

I'm wondering now too... But the document I linked on the "other forum" was from the 3520 manual on Deere's website.

Yeah I saw that.. Had the eThrottle far left on console top level switches for a JD 3520.... Hmmm..

/ JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue #9  
Hiya,

There is no "e-throttle" on the 3x20 series that I know of, only on the 45-4720's if memory serves. Loadmatch is not a autothrottle system like on the Kubota Grand L series, it's more like a governor system.

Think of it like limiting you to 80% throttle capacity when it's on and the load is low, as you load the tractor greater than 80%, the loadmatch system controls the last 20% of the throttle for you, since the loadmatch system is able to respond to conditions faster than you are, it appears that the tractor is carrying the load "normally" however in reality it's matching the throttle to the load so you don't have to.

Tom

Hiya,

There is no "e-throttle" on the 3x20 series that I know of, only on the 45-4720's if memory serves. Loadmatch is not a autothrottle system like on the Kubota Grand L series, it's more like a governor system.

Think of it like limiting you to 80% throttle capacity when it's on and the load is low, as you load the tractor greater than 80%, the loadmatch system controls the last 20% of the throttle for you, since the loadmatch system is able to respond to conditions faster than you are, it appears that the tractor is carrying the load "normally" however in reality it's matching the throttle to the load so you don't have to.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

LoadMatch seems amazing -- can't wait to put it to use. I be the eThrottle and LoadMatch would work even more amazing together! Too bad it's not available on the 3x20 tractors! I was first looking at a 4720 -- so I guess I just got my features mixed up, unfortunately! I was looking forward to it!