Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 3520 Cab

Default JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

Having some issues with this LoadMatch thing... I ordered the Automotive Style Cruise/Speed/Load system, so it should be there..

I looked in manual, and it says to activate load match.. you go to the display, hold the display change button until it says "RELEASE" then it will show either "Coast or Load", and use the turn signal buttons to change it.. but on mine, using the turn signal doesnt change anything.. it just stays at "Cruise".. if I hit the display button again it goes to the settings for LONG and SHORT that I can change with the turn signal switch.

If I just hit the display button and thumb through the displays, I see LOADOFF.. and I can hit the button with the wheel symbol to the "1" position, and it changes to "LOADON"... but, when I press the forward pedal having the throttle all the way down; it never increases.. so I'm thinking it isn't working -- unless I'm missing something?

I looked on the system configuration, and it is set to "04 11".

Tractor
    John Deere 3720 Premium Cab

Default Re: JD 3520 - SpeedMatch / LoadMatch / MotionMatch Issue

If you have the automotive style cruise option you use the LoadMatch physical switch to turn on/off LoadMatch. It is located on the left hand side of the dash. It is noticeable when it is on or off. I don't understand what you mean with your reference to the throttle.
    2012 John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300CX Loader w/ 73" HD Bucket, Artillian Forks, 681 Tiller, 72D AutoConnect Mower, 59" Two-stage Snow Blower, Ballast Box, Frontier TR2058 Overseeder, Frontier SS2067B Broadcast
    Spreader, iMatch.

1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee - Currently disassembled waiting for restoration.
    1947 Allis Chalmers Model B - Still running great - handed down from my Grandfather to my Father to me.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Quote Originally Posted by dschuffert View Post
    If you have the automotive style cruise option you use the LoadMatch physical switch to turn on/off LoadMatch. It is located on the left hand side of the dash. It is noticeable when it is on or off. I don't understand what you mean with your reference to the throttle.
    I think he is referring to eThrottle. I was confused as well...He clarified that on the "other forum". Where is the eThrottle switch located on the 3x20's?
    Looking at his pictures on GTT, it doesn't appear to be there.

Tractor
    John Deere 3520 Cab

Maybe I'm missing the eThrottle? I figured it was included in the automotive package.

I'm trying to make my forward pedal control throttle too? So by pressing to go faster it will automatically increase engine rpm.

Tractor
    John Deere 3720 Premium Cab

I see, that makes sense to me now. The automotive cruise package does not include eThrottle. I am not sure if eThrottle is available on the 3x20 series?
    2012 John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300CX Loader w/ 73" HD Bucket, Artillian Forks, 681 Tiller, 72D AutoConnect Mower, 59" Two-stage Snow Blower, Ballast Box, Frontier TR2058 Overseeder, Frontier SS2067B Broadcast
    Spreader, iMatch.

1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee - Currently disassembled waiting for restoration.
    1947 Allis Chalmers Model B - Still running great - handed down from my Grandfather to my Father to me.

Tractor
    John Deere 3520 Cab

Hmm I was thinking I saw eThrottle... But maybe not? Anyone know if its even available on the 3520? Figured so since its an eHydro?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Quote Originally Posted by Thowle View Post
    Hmm I was thinking I saw eThrottle... But maybe not? Anyone know if its even available on the 3520? Figured so since its an eHydro?
    I'm wondering now too... But the document I linked on the "other forum" was from the 3520 manual on deere's website.

Tractor
    John Deere 3520 Cab

Yeah I saw that.. Had the eThrottle far left on console top level switches for a JD 3520.... Hmmm..

Tractor
    '10 3320 cab

Hiya,

There is no "e-throttle" on the 3x20 series that I know of, only on the 45-4720's if memory serves. Loadmatch is not a autothrottle system like on the kubota Grand L series, it's more like a governor system.

Think of it like limiting you to 80% throttle capacity when it's on and the load is low, as you load the tractor greater than 80%, the loadmatch system controls the last 20% of the throttle for you, since the loadmatch system is able to respond to conditions faster than you are, it appears that the tractor is carrying the load "normally" however in reality it's matching the throttle to the load so you don't have to.

Tom
    Big and little Green tractors, Orange tractors and one awesome brown dog.

"Congelo nos opus, quantum punitor ingravesco"

"Behold, like the wild azz in the desert, go I forth to my work"

Tractor
    John Deere 3520 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by tomd999 View Post
    Hiya,

There is no "e-throttle" on the 3x20 series that I know of, only on the 45-4720's if memory serves. Loadmatch is not a autothrottle system like on the kubota Grand L series, it's more like a governor system.

Think of it like limiting you to 80% throttle capacity when it's on and the load is low, as you load the tractor greater than 80%, the loadmatch system controls the last 20% of the throttle for you, since the loadmatch system is able to respond to conditions faster than you are, it appears that the tractor is carrying the load "normally" however in reality it's matching the throttle to the load so you don't have to.

Tom
    Thanks Tom!

LoadMatch seems amazing -- can't wait to put it to use. I be the eThrottle and LoadMatch would work even more amazing together! Too bad it's not available on the 3x20 tractors! I was first looking at a 4720 -- so I guess I just got my features mixed up, unfortunately! I was looking forward to it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast