Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link #1  

TBigLug

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 401C
I am looking for the curved upper link on my 401C backhoe that runs from the stick up to the cylinder. It is on the left side as you are sitting at the backhoe controls. The John Deere part number is T67895. It can be found on 92, 93, 93A, 94, 95, 95A, 9250, 9250A, 9400, 9550 model backhoes, or 300B, 302A, 401C, 401D, 444, 444C, 444CH, 500A model loader backhoes, or 350B, 350C, 450B, 450C, 550 model crawler, loader, backhoes.

If anyone knows of someone with one of these machines in their backyard that would be interested in selling the link, please let me know. Pictures below are the parts diagram and description and a picture of my broken link.

I also went to a welding shop and they said that even if they welded it, it wouldn't be strong enough to use again and would most likely break the first time I tried using it again.

Thank you.

9520BackhoeFinished.jpg

IMG_20120928_134728.jpg

IMG_20120928_134737.jpg

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link #2  
How much does Deere want for one?

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link #3  
Seems like you could weld gussets on it as a temporary fix until you find one. Add a plate wherever you can. Fillet welds if needed

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link #4  
I see Deere wants about $675 for both left and right pieces and has a red flag to boot. Easy to understand why you are looking for a used set.

Think I would look for a Good Welder to make the repair and as burnieman suggests add some iron to back it up until you find a replacement. There should be plenty of room to add the iron to the outside surface.

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link #5  
Geez for that price take it to a machine shop/ fabricator and have them make you a new one.

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link #6  
Geez for that price take it to a machine shop/ fabricator and have them
make you a new one.

Yeah, Deere and Kubota make these "kidney links" out of cast steel to keep manufacturing
costs down. Any competent metal fab guy could duplicate it out of mild steel welded to
two pieces of DOM tubing for the pins. For under $200, depending on where you are.

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link
Yeah, $327.91 a piece up here. I've never had to go to a machine shop for anything. I got recommended to one called H&H Welding in Mason. They are closed on weekends but I left a messege so we'll see what they say Monday.

UPDATE:

So I got a hold of another welding shop in Mason to talk to them about my problem. Talked to their customer service guy, super helpful. Send him pics of what was broke. He calls me back, "Oh yeah, we can weld that up no problem... but..."
"IT'LL PROBABLY BE CHEAPER TO JUST BUY A NEW ONE."

Lol, after I pick my phone up off the floor he tells me it'll be $200 for him to repair it. So, that's out of the budget. I ask him if he can weld me a new one out of 1" plate and DOM tubing. He says, oh yeah, we could do that no problem. How much? $400. LOL, yeah, no, next.

/ Looking for John Deere Backhoe Part... Curved Upper Bucket Link #9  
Just purchase the link from Deere. You have already spent more in time and driving around than just ordering the link from Deere.

Just purchase the link from Deere. You have already spent more in time and driving around than just ordering the link from Deere.

Please refrain from adding to this discussion.