Backhoe How much to charge for backhoe work?

/ How much to charge for backhoe work?
Ahhh, functioning on sleep today...

Gott, you hit the nail on the head. If I ever had a neighbor (or whomever) try to take advantage of me like the people in the swamp you had, there is no way I'd help them. Hope I didn't imply that you were a "jerk".

Beyond my family, there is only 1 neighbor that I have done anything for with my tractor. I suppose that could be because 80% of my neighbors are family.

Grim - I wouldn't say that I value my equipment more than my "life", but that from a financial standpoint labor is easier to give. Besides every evening when we were done working, I got to sit down and have some barley-pops with my uncle.

Thanks for all the input. It made asking for $25 an hour more comfortable.

/ How much to charge for backhoe work? #12  
$66- $85 is the norm for me - have charged as high as $115 for some things (job/task/equipment dependent) - with a minimum of one hour and if I have to load and haul - depending on how far - one hour min - that said - if it is a neighbor or friend in need that I "can count on" - then all bets are off. I to had to draw the line on the freebies as people were coming out of the woodwork to see the "tractor man" --ENOUGH! I finally had to say! - show me the green $ this thing isn't free - Last year on one job I tore up over $1500 in parts - now that my friends is a bummer - especially when I was doing a "free favor" - oh well!

/ How much to charge for backhoe work? #13  
Nah butzkeg, I didn't think that, I wasn't sure what you meant, "if anything" hehehe,,, or to who. I'm glad you got it worked out, I really feel under pressure when they do that to me, but I finally realized, I cant save the world so there's no sense in trying. Hey, you take care and enjoy that machine,,gott