What a brute!!!

/ What a brute!!!
Do you have a tooth bar on the bucket? Looks like it is doing a great job.

Yes. 7-tooth tooth bar on a 60" bucket. It would never cut into that hard clay like it does without teeth.

/ What a brute!!! #12  
Really wish the 855 had the same lifting power that the 955 has.

/ What a brute!!! #14  
Yes. 7-tooth tooth bar on a 60" bucket. It would never cut into that hard clay like it does without teeth.

What are you using for rear ballast? Even with the toothbar, I'm a bit surprised you didn't lose traction.

/ What a brute!!! #15  
Nice looking photos ,,looks like it is doing a great job, tooth bar doing a good job.
This spring I dug out a handicap ramp into basment of our church . Sure wish I had a toothbar ,first I would scope then turn around use BH, then scope ,then BH ... . Did this for complete ramp 4'deep x11' w and 36' long. took out 6 --6ton dump trailers of dirt ,,and at least 10 ton of rocks.. one was at least 53" wide. and 8-10 high and guessing 20 depth just barely stayed in my 54" bucket at least the old 2305 handled job and kept on working
Keep up the good job..

/ What a brute!!! #16  
Good job and wow, pictures just make a thread pop as though we were right there. Nice and close work up to the building as well.

/ What a brute!!!
Really wish the 855 had the same lifting power that the 955 has.
Probably a good thing it doesn't. The 855's front axle and front final drives are a lot smaller and weaker than the 955's.

What are you using for rear ballast? Even with the toothbar, I'm a bit surprised you didn't lose traction.
The rear's are brand new Goodyear DynaTorque II's filled with RimGuard. I also have my Frontier 2060BB hanging off the 3pt with another 160lbs. of old railroad iron bolted onto it above the cutting edge. I can put the hydraulics into relief with the loader and never come close to lifting a rear tire. I do get some wheel spin when digging in for a big bite, but those Goodyears are chewing and spitting out bars of clay. The clay has just about the perfect moisture content for maximum traction... kind of like what you'd see at a truck or tractor pull.

/ What a brute!!! #18  
I must say I find the trolling in this thread hilarious and I genuinely enjoyed the pictures. I also am glad to know I'm doing it right when I level myself before digging. I like to use the backhoe to start levelling sometimes because i can level myself with the outriggers and smooth it with the loader. Nice job on the excavation!

/ What a brute!!! #19  
I must say I find the trolling in this thread hilarious and I genuinely enjoyed the pictures. I also am glad to know I'm doing it right when I level myself before digging. I like to use the backhoe to start levelling sometimes because i can level myself with the outriggers and smooth it with the loader. Nice job on the excavation!

I like that idea to level a starting point with the BH so both front and rear axles are level so the FEL bucket cut will come out flat.

/ What a brute!!! #20  
I usually cut the high side and fill the low side when I do that. I got the idea from running an excavator where you do every operation with the hoe.