What a brute!!!

/ What a brute!!!
Didn't get a chance to do anything on Saturday... had some family in town. I did get a chance to spend a few hours on the tractor this afternoon though. Got a little too close to the building once and stuck a tooth through the siding... oops.

Here's a couple of pictures of the tractor sitting atop the stockpile, and another of the area I'm excavating.

onthepile.jpg onthepile2.jpg thecut.jpg

/ What a brute!!! #22  
Didn't get a chance to do anything on Saturday... had some family in town. I did get a chance to spend a few hours on the tractor this afternoon though. Got a little too close to the building once and stuck a tooth through the siding... oops.

Here's a couple of pictures of the tractor sitting atop the stockpile, and another of the area I'm excavating.

View attachment 283520 View attachment 283521 View attachment 283522

Why not use the box blade to rip the ground up and then scoop away? Works pretty well for my 855 even in heavy clay. At least until I catch a rock. :D

/ What a brute!!!
Why not use the box blade to rip the ground up and then scoop away? Works pretty well for my 855 even in heavy clay. At least until I catch a rock. :D

Started out with that in mind, but quickly found out it wasn't necessary. The 60" BB only has 5 scarifiers, the 60" bucket has 7 teeth. That and I do better controlling the bucket than I do the BB and for me it's faster. With the bucket I'm filling the bucket as I cut, then just curl and and head to the stockpile.

/ What a brute!!! #24  
Started out with that in mind, but quickly found out it wasn't necessary. The 60" BB only has 5 scarifiers, the 60" bucket has 7 teeth. That and I do better controlling the bucket than I do the BB and for me it's faster. With the bucket I'm filling the bucket as I cut, then just curl and and head to the stockpile.

I'm the opposite, better control cutting ground levels down with the box blade than loader. I can shave off the lose stuff very well, but controlled excavation like you're doing is not so easy.

/ What a brute!!! #25  
Guess I am naive too, seems if he was joking he would have stuck in a smilie or something.

On another note, I wish the op would have posted a few weeks ago before I had to level a bunch of tundra, would have saved some time getting things leveled if I had seen his post before I had to learn it the hard way but I guess I won't flame him too much for not anticipating my needs:)

/ What a brute!!! #26  
I thought he was joking. But I got no dog in this fight. Can't we all just get along?? Thanks for the ground leveling info!! I will use it soon!

/ What a brute!!!
Got a couple hours in the seat again tonight and my technique is really improving. I did get a little cocky working right up next to the building and hit the building a couple of times with the bucket. Stuck a tooth through the steel siding in one spot. Ooops. Sorry, no pictures of the my screw ups.

/ What a brute!!! #28  
wow a painted kubota you can clearly see the JD serial number on the inside of the loader arms...

anyways nice work mech, i really need to get some teeth on my bucket, with my 755 i have to till the ground first to be able to pull up any dirt.

/ What a brute!!!
... i really need to get some teeth on my bucket, with my 755 i have to till the ground first to be able to pull up any dirt.

The tooth bar makes a world of difference, but don't expect it to work like mine is working. After all the 755 has a lot less horsepower, it's lighter, has a shorter wheelbase, operates at less hydraulic psi. Also, for dirt work, you can't beat the R1's for traction.

/ What a brute!!! #30  
Thread was pruned. Notes sent to some, not to others that quoted the some that got notes sent to them. Make sense? O.K.

Please continue the discussion. Thanks.