Loader jd955/ 70A loader- problem

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #1  

wilibuster

Tractor
case 580ck
bucket will tilt ,but the boom will not llift at all . Any suggestions?

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #2  
Shut the tractor off. Disconnect the hydraulic lines at the quick couplers and reconnect them. If that doesn't do, swap the bucket and the boom hoses at the quick couplers to test the valve.

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem
Thank you! I did as you mentioned and had to swap the hoses over. At least I have the machine back at our shop so I don't have to work in the field. I am not familiar with this model as I am used to our 580 ck. Jd and Case have alot of differences.Any advice as where to go from here? The control valve seems to be siezed, at least that is what I think it is.

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #4  
The control valve seems to be siezed, at least that is what I think it is.

Sorry to hear that.

If you know the problem is with your valve and not your hose QDs, then you need to
remove the seat and rear fenders to get at it. You will prob have to remove the
SCV sections, which are bolted onto the front of the 3-pt cylinder (rockshaft) housing.

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #5  
Sorry to hear that.

If you know the problem is with your valve and not your hose QDs, then you need to
remove the seat and rear fenders to get at it. You will prob have to remove the
SCV sections, which are bolted onto the front of the 3-pt cylinder (rockshaft) housing.

I would start by removing the end-cap on the offending valve (left-hand side... opposite side as the joystick. The cap has a vent hole in it and sometimes moisture or crud gets in there an won't let the valve return to center properly. Remove the allen screws carefully so nothing flies across the shop and gets lost. Clean it out and give it a shot of penetrating lube to make sure everything is working freely. If that doesn't do, something else in the SCV is boogered up and you'll have to dig in deeper.

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #6  
I had a similar issue with my 1070/ 80 loader. Strangely enough a plug had fallen out internally in the valve allowing fluid to bypass. The plug was there to be able to configure the valve differently for different options that the tractor may/ may not have come with. I had a hydraulic schematic that had "x"s shown for different configurations. There was a large plug (or maybe at was a spool, I don't remember) at the front of the valve that I removed and happened to see the small internal plug laying in there. I put it in and everything worked well.

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #7  
There was a large plug (or maybe at was a spool, I don't remember)
at the front of the valve that I removed and happened to see the small internal plug laying in there. I
put it in and everything worked well.

I have installed several Power Beyond kits in the JD955 FEL valves and there IS a small
internal hex socket head machine screw inside there. JD recommends using a thread
locker to keep them from vibrating loose. That could cause some problems, but
if the spool has seized, then there are likely to be other problems. Clean everything
well before opening things up.

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #8  
Can you show pic of your valve?

You said you had a seized valve/spool.

You mean that the lever will not move the spool at all?

Have you taken off the can's on the bottom of the valve?

There are springs under there that can get rusty from water not draining out.

The spool should move freely unless there is a spec of metal or debris binding the spool.

If the valve is controlled by cables, they could be rusty or binding.

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem #9  
Here's a picture I took when I installed the Power Beyond on my 955. Circled in yellow are the two SCVs (the spools are horizontal). Circled in red are the two end caps (as I called them) or cans (as JJ called them). Pull those off and make sure they're not all crudded up inside. Clean throughly and reinstall.

SCVssm.jpg

/ jd955/ 70A loader- problem
Thanks to all of you! After finally getting the seat and fender off to get to the unit and locate all the linkage I found one ball joint had siezed! freed that off and all is good. It was a bear to reconnect the qc"s, but have the whole thing back together again. I like working on my 310D better as it has more space to get to everything.Again I appreciate everyones help. I 'll have to get back on with a problem on my Kubuta m4500 as my husband told me he broke that one too! Have a great day. Ihave to get back to work!