New John Deere 1026R owner

/ New John Deere 1026R owner #1  

1026R owner

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
We bought an old farm house a year and a half ago and this past summer I picked up a John Deere 1026R with some attachments. I'm having the time of my life with this thing. Nothing like having a piece of equipment that's fun to use.

/ New John Deere 1026R owner #3  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Owning/Operating forum.

/ New John Deere 1026R owner #4  
Congratulations on your new property and tractor, it is surprising what a person can do with a SCUT, we have several bigger tractors, but there will always be a place for our SCUTS.:thumbsup:

/ New John Deere 1026R owner
Thanks so much. This one so far seems to be big enough to handle the occasional bigger job yet small enough to maneuver for mowing around trees and outbuildings.

/ New John Deere 1026R owner #6  
We used a BX2200 and later a BX2660 around our farm and there were times I didn't want to bring a bigger tractor from another farm and just used the BX to spread rock, move trees, dig dirt etc., no telling how many dump truck loads of rock I spread over the years.

We live on 300+ acres, so as I got older, I had to buy another bigger tractor to leave here as my old bones couldn't handle the seat time needed and of course there is the whole AC/heated cab thing. The BX's are now my wife's since she retired and we are fixing the BX2200 up to leave the MMM deck off, FEL and box blade or rotary cutter on to use where the bigger tractors won't fit. People often underestimate what you can do with a SCUT; can't drive them anymore, but still like them.:thumbsup:

Sounds very nice. Missouri is beautiful and there's good fishing there.

/ New John Deere 1026R owner #8  
1026R owner said:
We bought an old farm house a year and a half ago and this past summer I picked up a John Deere 1026R with some attachments. I'm having the time of my life with this thing. Nothing like having a piece of equipment that's fun to use.

What, no pics? Are you new here? We always want pictures!!!

77photo.JPG81photo.JPG

You can see where the tractor lives.

/ New John Deere 1026R owner #10  
Glad to hear you're having fun! These are some of the best toys for adults.