3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement?

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #1  

scodemike

Silver Member
Tractor
LS XR3135HC
I need to replace my front wiper on the JD 3320 Cab. I know it is a Michelin, but tried a RainX and it didn't fit the contour of the windshield.

Has anyone found a correct replacement for this blade?

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #2  
What contour? My 3720 front glass is flat as a board. Know what you mean though; my OE wiper didn't cover enough glass, and smeared what it DID cover. I just went to Walmart and bought whatever the next bigger size is (it covers more glass). Don't remember the brand, but it came out of the box curved - just like the OE. Lays flat once it hits the glass though. Been working fine for over a year now.

//greg//

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement?
Greg, I purchased a standard RainX and it had no curve to it. What I was referring to is when the wiper is towards the edge it is off the glass at the top. I might try the RainX Latitude, it appears to have a built in curve and maybe won't skip so much of the windshield when in use.

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #4  
Interesting, I'd have to look pretty hard to find one of those old style around here. All the stores have pretty much stocking the newer "built in curve" style, in fact I've been using them since 2006 on my cars. That's what my 3720 came with, but it was too small. Didn't come even close to the top or edges of the front glass. I took it off and used it for the back window of my previous SUB, and got a bigger one for the John Deere.

//greg//

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement?
For other's info, I purchased a Michelin Stealth Ultra 20". It fits the windshield perfectly and cleans the entire area, no skips. Mike

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #6  
I put a 22" Anco on my cab yesterday. Works great an clears more glass than the 20". Only hangs over the cab frame in one lace, but that tip of the wiper is in the air anyway due to the curvature of the front glass.

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #7  
I need to replace my front wiper on the JD 3320 Cab. I know it is a Michelin, but tried a RainX and it didn't fit the contour of the windshield.

Has anyone found a correct replacement for this blade?

I put a 22" Anco on my cab yesterday. Works great an clears more glass than the 20". Only hangs over the cab frame in one lace, but that tip of the wiper is in the air anyway due to the curvature of the front glass.

What contour? My 3720 front glass is flat as a board. Know what you mean though; my OE wiper didn't cover enough glass, and smeared what it DID cover. I just went to Walmart and bought whatever the next bigger size is (it covers more glass). Don't remember the brand, but it came out of the box curved - just like the OE. Lays flat once it hits the glass though. Been working fine for over a year now.

//greg//

What?

Wait a second,,,,,, does the front glass have a curve/contour or is it flat as a board?

I'm just courious. My Cozy Cab on my 2720 has a curved/contoured/arched (what ever its called) front glass. It is only about a month old but I am still interested about what brand replacement blades you guys like best.

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #8  
My MY2011 has the standard cab, and the front glass is flat. Can't speak for the custom cab upgrade though. But it shouldn't matter, the "curved" wipers are flexible enough to work on both. I use Michelin blades on everything I own

//greg//

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #9  
My MY2011 has the standard cab, and the front glass is flat. Can't speak for the custom cab upgrade though. But it shouldn't matter, the "curved" wipers are flexible enough to work on both. I use Michelin blades on everything I own

//greg//
after reading this thread i got cuious becuase i never took notice. The front glass does indeed have a decent curve to it. Like myself you probably never took notice greg. Looks to be around a 3inch difference.
wind.jpg

wiper.jpg

/ 3320 Front Wiper Blade Replacement? #10  
Ok, I'll concede "flat as a board" as an overstatement. It's actually only latitudinally flat. What curvature there is, is longitudinal - and then only at the edges. More importantly, the "curved" Michelin blade I use - doesn't care.

//greg//