3x20 and 4x20 tractor horn

/ 3x20 and 4x20 tractor horn #1  

shortthrow50

Banned
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab
I didnt have horn installed from factory. I looked around the machine and noticed the wires are ran for one regardless. The wires for the horn were ziptied to the headlight wires and the swithc button wires were zip tied right under the dash. Bought some car horns at harbor freight for 11 bucks with my 20 percent off coupon ( 2 Piece 12 Volt Electric Horn Set). You dont need the relay included obviously. Install took about 5 minutes and mounted to headlight frame. However still need to go get a nice momentary switch that will fit in the opening i have the wires hanging out of. Found a couple used for boats on ebay.
Heres a some video i just took.
Video 1 - YouTube

update: bought today a Radio shack spst momentary switch 3 bucks for pack of 2
myhorn.jpg

Last edited:
   / 3x20 and 4x20 tractor horn #2  
Does JD have a factory switch you can order? I would be interested in a horn install myself.

/ 3x20 and 4x20 tractor horn #3  
for cab machines it is lvb24851, is about $45 kit.

/ 3x20 and 4x20 tractor horn
Does JD have a factory switch you can order? I would be interested in a horn install myself.

Not worth it to buy the switch from john deere. I priced out the switch on jdparts.com and the switch and cover is 33 dollars just for the 2 components. I went to radio shack and bought a single throw single pole momentary switch for 3 bucks which consisted of 2 switches. Ill throw the other one out unless you want it. I drilled a whole just big enough for the switch to fit in the empty switch plate in my dash (see picture below). The factory horn switch requires you to drill through the dash.

horn-1.png

hornprice.png

myhorn.jpg