Mowing What size finish mower?

/ What size finish mower? #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
What size finish mower is required to cover the footprint width of the 5055-75 series with the wider R1's?

/ What size finish mower? #2  
Go to TractorData.com and it will tell you the track width on this tractor and the Kiota you were asking about.

Ken

/ What size finish mower?
Tractor Data and the JD website list from the rear axle flanges. The numbers suggest the Kioti is wider which I don't think is even close based on what I have seen.

/ What size finish mower? #4  
Don't recall ever seeing width listed from the axle flanges before. Usually wken you have a choice of tires they gve a width range, like 61-64 inches. Wonder if a JD dealer could give you a more realistic answer on tire track?

I would presume a 6 footer would do it, but that's just a guess right now. Hopesomeone wiser than I can give a better answer.

Ken

/ What size finish mower? #5  
why not just get the 84inch cut and be done with it . with that tractor you would need at least a 72 inch anyway.

/ What size finish mower? #6  
why not just get the 84inch cut and be done with it . with that tractor you would need at least a 72 inch anyway.

I agree...but why not go out with a tape measurer and find out how wide your tractor is, first?

I'm sure an 84" RFM would do the job, but depending on your circumstances, you might even want to go wider. Just make sure which ever width you buy will fit in your out bulding if you plan on storing it inside.