Adjusting brakes-4720 Cab

/ Adjusting brakes-4720 Cab #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
I bought my 2007 4720 with a little over 200 hrs on it and it still had the original cable parking brake release. The day that I picked it up I had a tough time getting the brakes released to get it off the trailer as the previous owner had bent the cable and never did anything about it. Well I've upgraded to the retro kit with the replacement rod but the damage was done to the brakes and the pedal travel for both pedals is about 2" difference.

In reading the manual it indicates you must jack the machine and run it up to 2000 RPM. Not crazy about running machine on jacks but anyone have any experience in doing this?

Appreciate any response.

/ Adjusting brakes-4720 Cab #2  
I adjusted my brake pedals on my 3520. I ran my machine on the bigger SUV jack stands. One on each side. Sturdy as ****. I suppose you could do small increment adjustments and road test but that would be a pain to keep taking tire off.

/ Adjusting brakes-4720 Cab
S-throw-what do you mean about taking tire off? I'm figuring on just jacking and using jackstands.

/ Adjusting brakes-4720 Cab #4  
Yeah sorry about that. I don't have enough clearance between my turf tires and being a smaller machine than yours to reach in there and adjust peddle travel. You probably have plenty of clearance with the 4x20 to not have to remove tires. Hey if your still worried about the jack stands. Chock those front tires real good with something just for piece of mind

10-4-stay tuned.

Update . Finally took the time to do it. Biggest job was getting jack stands under ROP pads after getting bottle jack on same pad. I guess the value in running at 2000 rpm (per manual) is not so much the equal stopping, but in my case, had one side too tight, and that wheel would not accelerate at same rate as other side. Backed off a quarter turn and right on.