Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #11  
Mark welcome to the forum. You've got a great setup ther both land and tractor!
One question it seems from your picture that your hydraulic hoses are hanging quite low or is it just the Picture?
I wonder if you are missing the wire bracket (my name) that holds the hydro hoses up.
If you are missing it I will try and get a better photo tomorrow.

View attachment 288048

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #12  
Hi All,

Congratulations on your acquisitions Mark! If you are planning on doing any significant cutting into soil, a toothbar on your bucket cutting edge makes all of the difference in the world.

At the same time, these "small" tractors are extremely sensitive to proper rear ballast. If you start really loading up the front, you'll probably find that your box blade may not quite cut the mustard for rear weight, along with being very bulky. Deere sells a ballast box for this purpose, a vital component that really should always accompany a loader on a tractor in many people's opinion. Besides offering adequate rear weight, when lifted fully on the 3pt hitch, are the densest (most compact) method of adding rear ballast and with ideal ground clearance too for changing grades of land.

(PS. I also got a kick out of the mayor Bloomberg ribbing. I'm thinking the RIO switch infiltrating today's tractors could be called the Bloomberg switch, ha ha.)

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, I'm missing the loop holding the hydraulic lines and need to fab something.

One question though. For the **** of it, I lifted the lines up where they should be and it wasn't easy! It took a lot of pressure and it almost seem right. I was wondering if I need to reroute my lines from how they currently are to easier tuck up to the floorboards. If someone could snap a picture of their routing, that would be cool!

Thanks guys,
Mark

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #15  
Mark,

Your local Deere dealer will likely have a box of these loops doing nothing. When prepping new tractors, they often get extras with multiple attachment installations. You might stop by and ask for one. A good dealer might recognize a new relationship opportunity and just hand you one. They are essentially trash to them. If you want to be a little more devious, you might direct your question right to one of the techs instead of a counter person, if accessible.

Otherwise, they should be inexpensive if you have to pay for one. It's probably easier than making something.

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #16  
Nice rig and from what I can see in your pics, a nice place also.

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #17  
Mark here are a few photos of how mine were attached from the dealer more available if you need them.
Chris is correct check with the dealer first.
First photo side view.
Second attachement under the floorboard.
Third shows the second loop and where it attaches and how the hydro cable route.
Hope these help.

smalltown

2520-hydro-routing-007.jpg2520-hydro-routing-004.jpg2520-hydro-routing-002.jpg

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #18  
Smalltown,

I hate to be a party pooper, but I think your hose hanger may be installed incorrectly. But hey, if you like it that way then there's nothing wrong with that. Plus, the mounting location that the installer found looks to be intuitive, if I were the sort of person to assemble things without reading first.

Here is a scan of the Deere installation instructions for installing this hose hanger. These particular instructions are for the Front Quick Hitch, but the hose hanger installation is the same regardless and this is how the hanger is configured on my 2520. I'll try to get a picture, but it's probably going to slip my mind a few dozen times first.

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #19  
Chris your right!
Apparently each dealer has his own idea about these small accessories, including unfortunately not adding them at all sometimes.
I think this might be a picture of your machine.
2011-05-22_16-39-06_437.jpg

I need to take a second look at mine when it warms up outside, but it appears my dealer chose not to drill a hole in the floor board and used an existing bolt to secure the hose hanger there.
I like the idea of no extra holes, but your right mine is not per the factory instructions.

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #20  
Yeah, sorry to be the bearer Smalltown. I hope I didn't embarrass you. It was very generous of you to take photos for Mark. I was hoping to help two birds with one stone with those instructions. And I think you are right. That is my 2520. That's really going the extra mile!