Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #1  

phatsupratt

Hi guys, new member here. I recently purchased a house on 60 wooded and purchased my first tractor - 2011 Deere 2520 with 24 hours on it. It came with a box blade, loader, 3pt forks, and the 16' trailer. I had to drive a long way to get it but I got a great deal.

I'm looking to make the most of my land and was curious what you guys are doing with yours. Whether it be a motocross track, BMX track, cool trails, ponds, whatever, I'd love to get some ideas and inspiration.

Mark

2520package.jpg

2520side.jpg

2520boxblading.jpg

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #2  
:welcome:to TBN! Nice pics. Congrats on your new addition. There is also a forum on TBN for project. You may want to have a look at it. Enjoy!

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here
Thanks Henri, I completely missed it. I thought it was odd a Projects topic wasn't out there!

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #4  
Very nice setup. Enjoy

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #5  
Have a 1 1/2 acre pond, 40 acres wooded with stream, 15 lawn and planted trees in clearing. Currently making trails with the backhoe for walking and the RTV 1100. Clearing popular stands, planting oak / maple/ and evergreen trees. Clearing brush, some piles left for habitat. Alot of turkeys and deer located a stones throw from the city limits. We have a New Holland TC55DA for the big jobs and a 4110 for the lawn. Also alot of attachments. It does not get any better.

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #6  
Congratulations

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #7  
Welcome. I love my 2520. My drainage ditch by the road was a dangerous trench, then I smoothed it out with the loader.Put some rocks by the tube for erosion control.dirt work 001.JPGDirt Work 001.JPG

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #8  
Do you typically work with your rops down? These machines can be somewhat tippy. Be careful out there.

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #9  
topstoy said:
Do you typically work with your rops down? These machines can be somewhat tippy. Be careful out there.

Thank you mayor Bloomberg

/ Post your land projects! New 2520 owner here #10  
Thank you mayor Bloomberg

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

No offense to topstoy (who makes a good point), but this response hit my funnybone. Assume it's flopped for clearance under tree limbs or such? Whatever - sweet tractor, congrats!