H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod

/ H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod #1  

pclausen

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5085M, Ford 1700, JD GT235
When I curl my bucket all the way after attaching it, the strike plate does not reach the rod to release it to lock in the bucket.

Here's a picture of what mine looks like. Bucket is curled all the way up in this shot and the strike plate is not anywhere near the rod.

H260strikeplace.jpg

Anyone else with a similar loader with this problem?

Last edited:
   / H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod #2  
JD parts does not show the strike plate or the hardware holding it on. Wrong plate? Missing an extention that bolts between the loader boom and the strike plate? I see a hole in the rod it's supposed to hit, maybe it's supposed to have a bushing on the rod? Sorry I am not help :smiley_aafz:

/ H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod
I still have the assembly instructions that came with the Global Carrier. Here are a couple of pages from the manual showing the installation of the trip plate.

h260-10.jpg

h260-11.jpg

A few more shots of the issue. The red arrow is showing the gap between the trip plate and the latch rod. The yellow arrow shows where the latch rod should be pushed to by the trip plate so that it is released and locks the implement in place.

h260-12.jpg

And a shot from the front showing the spring that kicks the latch rod to the locked positiong.

h260-13.jpg

/ H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod #4  
OK, the hole I saw looks like it's only used for shipping. What I could not see in your picture is part H.

Also what holds the latch rods in the unlatched position? I can see the spring is loaded to latch it.

Your trip plate has paint missing like it used to hit the rod. Or has it never worked?

Zebra, check out the red arrow in the pic below (you might need to refresh your browser to see it). That angled rod is what holds the long latch rod in the unlatched position. The end of it is up against the green bracket. Then when one manually pull on the lever handle to slide it up into the oval hole, the hole thing latches by the pressure of the loaded spring.

h260-13.jpg

The paint was chipped like that from when it was brand new. It has never worked. Also, that latch spring H was never installed, but I don't really understand its purpose of how it would make the trip plate get any closer to the latch rod?

/ H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod #6  
OK, now I see how it is held "open" I could not firgure it out from previous pictures.

I thought the spring H was missing too. Not sure it's purpose either. My only GUESS is the spring E may have rubbed on carrier B when latching.

I thought from the missing paint, and where it's missing,, it had previously hit the rod and now you were not getting full curl. But if chipped from new and never worked, sounds like you got the wrong trip plate.

Since you bought new I would have the dealer repair under warranty.

If I had bought used, I would make an extention to bolt between it and the boom to make it close enough to work.

Thanks Zebra. I have engaged the dealer to look into the issue further. Just figured I'd ask here if anyone else with a global carrier had run into something similar to help get to a solution faster.

/ H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod #8  
That is unusual... Also those nuts should obviously be a little longer as well...

Issue resolved, sort of. Since this is a MSL loader, the geometry changes and the boom is raised and lowered. Therefore the trip plate will make contact and trip the latch rod only when the carrier if fully curled AND the boom is almost touching the ground. Only problem is that my grapple attachment points is too high for it to work. Bucket and Pallet Forks are ok. Not a big deal I guess since I have to get off the tractor to connect the hydraulics anyway. I felt kinda dump when the tech had me take the grapple off and then lower the boom to the ground and hear the latch lock into place...

/ H260 loader Global Carrier strike plate not reaching locking rod #10  
Time to get the hydraulic latching system.