JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #1  

ocsurf16

Tractor
John Deere 870
This is my first machine that has the quick disconnect hydro's for interchanging buckets. I have a 72' grapple and when every time i go to connect the hydraulic hoses it fights me. Sometimes it doesnt and they go right on...its there a pressure relief valve somewhere? or does everyone have this problem.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #2  
It could be two things or both. Are you relieving the pressure of the tractor before unhooking/hooking up the grapple? Pressure could be building up in thye grapple itself while disconnected, due to temperature changes.

I rigged up a 5 gallon pail with a lid with couplers that I hook my grapple hoses to when ever it's off the tractor. Problem solved for me.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question
yeah my ab switch on the machine is up and down motion...just seems like there is a sweet spot to get them on just wondering how others are doing it

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #4  
Most grapples have a male and female combination for the couplers. I always hook them together when not in use and that keeps any pressure from developing when not in use. Also with the machine off cycle the front valve to relieve any pressure.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #5  
kuboman said:
Most grapples have a male and female combination for the couplers. I always hook them together when not in use and that keeps any pressure from developing when not in use.

X2...
Since I started hooking my hoses together I have had zero problems reattaching my grapple.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #6  
I don't use my front remotes but I use the rear, I had connection issues at first. I found that if I moved the joy stick and cycled the diverter button without the tractor running I get ride of the pressure and no connection problem.
Welcome to the TLB110 club and enjoy this wonderful machine.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #7  
ocsurf16,

Everyone here is correct regarding coupling the hoses back together, it does help. If you have an owners manual, look on page 35 for specific instructions on how to cycle the controls to relieve pressure on the machine side. If you don't have one, you can view it online at JD's web site.

I just about broke my thumb trying to force a hose on before I bothered to follow the instructions. :ashamed: It's just a little bit of a pain, but it works every time with no more fighting the hoses.

Take care.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #8  
Try this
OMLVU19603_A9

THIS IS A CUT FROM ABOVE as RaytheOne is talking about.

Connecting Implement Hydraulic Hoses
Relieving Hydraulic Hose Pressure
1. Park machine safely. (See Parking Safely in the SAFETY Section.)
2. Leave engine off and move key switch to the RUN position.

MX23740, MX13918
3. Turn the third SCV switch (A) to the ON position.
4. Switch the third SCV continuous flow switch (B) to the A position and connect the implement to the right coupler (C) to relieve tractor hydraulic hose pressure.
5. Switch the third SCV continuous flow switch (B) to the B position and connect the implement to the left coupler (D) to relieve tractor hydraulic hose pressure.
6. Turn key switch to OFF position.
7. Disconnect implement from couplers.
Connecting Hydraulic Hoses
c CAUTION: Avoid injury! Do not attempt to connect hoses to machine SCV couplers until all hydraulic system pressure has been relieved.
An operator must continuously be aware of all bystanders and other equipment at the worksite, implements may move during this procedure.
1. Relieve hydraulic hose pressure before connecting hydraulic hoses.

MX13918, MX13918
2. Pull back on outer knurled ring (E) and push couplers together with a firm continuous motion until couplers lock into place.
Removing Hydraulic Hoses
1. Relieve hydraulic hose pressure before removing hydraulic hoses.
2. Push hydraulic hose in while pulling back on outer knurled ring (A). The coupler will unlock and hydraulic hose can be removed.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #9  
My method is:

1. Bleed the pressure down on the machine side.

2. I have a set of spare couplers with loosely threaded plastic pipe plugs in the ends, which I put on the implement side -- never connect implement hoses together. The plugs allow a slight hydraulic leak, but keep dirt out of the fluid.

3. When all else fails, I use a caulking gun to press the couplers together. It doesn't exactly push in a straight line, but it can get close. It bends the caulking gun sometimes, but I have used the same one for years and it still works. Just estimating here, but I think a caulking gun can exert 100-200 lbs of force in this situation.

/ JD 110 TLB owners out there, front aux hydraulics question #10  
CurlyDave said:
-- never connect implement hoses together.

Tell me why that is? So many people say that but I have yet to hear anyone tell me why?

It works. I will always hook mine together. And I don't have to go out and buy another set of ends for no reason.