JD 110 backhoe buckets

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets #1  

GibbsHill110

Tractor
John Deere 110
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I looked around on the net and found this forum. Sure seems like a great place to learn and share. Well this week I bought my first "toy". It's a 2003 JD 110. I've had some experience with this tractor and I'm very happy with it. Seems its capable of doing about everything I want to do here on my property. Only thing is it came with a small 12 in bucket. So I'm in need of a bigger bucket to do more of what I have planned. It has the "quick attach" mount for the bucket on the hoe. I'm sure I would be better served with a 16-18 inch bucket. So my questions are, do I want a bucket for this mount or should I take it of so I can use a regular pin bucket? The 12 in bucket I have is worn pretty good. Looks like its the bucket hook that is worn and not the quick attach mount. Can that be repaired? So which bucket should I look for, is there any place I can find a used one or am I stuck buying from JD? How much am I looking at? Thanks for any and all opinions!

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets #2  
Several years ago I bought a 16" or 18" QA bucket for my backhoe. It was in the neighborhood of $700 and was well worth it.

A lot of my soil is clay and the clay would not release easily (some times not at all) from the 12" bucket. Later I bought an Addington Thumb, which requires the larger bucket, so my 12" was not worth too much to me at that time. I traded it for something else.

I haven't looked at the JD web site in a long time, but advise you to be careful. At the time I purchased it the dealer initially wanted to charge me the price for adding the bucket to a new machine, which also includes adding the QA system to the machine, and was quite a bit more expensive than the bare bucket.

You might not have this problem since the machine is no longer in production, but you should still check carefully to be sure you are only paying for a bare bucket.

They don't make both 16" and 18" QA buckets. I think the only size in that range offered is 16" in the QA, but I could be wrong on that.

Without a picture of the worn bucket, I can't say for sure, but I suspect a welder could repair it for $50 - 100. The big issue is that I think he needs to check dimensions on the QA mount on the backhoe to do the repair. If you don't have your own trailer, getting the machine to the welder could cost more than the repair.

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets
I'm leaning towards just getting an 18 inch regular bucket and take the QA and 12 inch bucket off, not sure if I'd ever need a 12 inch bucket. I'm wondering which is more durable and if there are any cost differences? Anyone know of any other brands that will fit my hoe without the QA?

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets #4  
I have an 18 quick tach bucket 250 in Ames Ia. Are you anywhere close?

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets
Not really probably 9 hrs or more from ya, bummer

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets #6  
Don't quote me on this, wait for another 110 owner to chime in, but I believe you should be looking for a 24" QA bucket. I'm sure the 110 could easily handle it. Then you'll have a 12 for trenching and the 24 for the bigger jobs.

I have a Kubota B26 and am looking to put an 18" bucket on it. The JD110 has twice the power of my machine, I think the 24" would be the perfect size. Again, just my opinion

I was quoted $700 for the 18" from Kubota. I would only guess that the 24" would be around $900+.

Last edited:
   / JD 110 backhoe buckets #7  
Congrats on your 110 purchase. It is my understanding that the 110 quick connect is the same as whats used on deere's 27 and 35 compact excavators. That being said, you can find a 24" quick connect bucket on ebay BIN for $199 in maryland! use the search title of "deere 35 bucket". hope that helps.

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets
man thanks guys I will look into this, if it can easily handle the 24 I'd be all about that!!!!

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets #9  
You might want to make sure your own quick connect adaptor will fit the bucket you choose to purchase. IIRC, there were two different quick adaptors made for the 110tlb. There are buckets made for the 110 that range from 12" thru 36" widths so I can't see a problem using a 24" bucket.

/ JD 110 backhoe buckets #10  
Mine came with 12, 18 and 24" buckets... I don't have the quick attach and even so, it is difficult to change.

Bucket success has everything to do with material being excavated...

18" is what I generally use although, right now, I'm using the 12" for trenching..