Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut .

/ Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut . #1  

JoeJChin

Tractor
JD 750
Looking for some help trying to find front tires for my recently purchased JD 750 tractor .

It came with turf tires and i am trying to put a set of ag tires on it .

I found a set of used 9.5x24 tires and rims for the back .

Now i need to come up with a set of fronts.

The tractordata site (also , the owners manual i just bought) lists this tractor as having 4x15 front AG tires on it .

I don't seem to be able to find a listing anywhere for a 4x15 ag tire , i did find a couple 4x15 rib tires.

Going to a john deere parts site, i found front tires and rims listed as 6-14 tire with a 5x14 rim, for this tractor

Anybody know if the 6-14 tire is close enough(or same diameter) to the 4-15 tire to use it .
I can find the diameter for the 6-14 but not for the 4-15 .

Also wondering if the standard 4 ply R1's are ok to for light loader work ?

thanks

Joe C

/ Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut . #2  
Is it 4wd? If not, size is not that critical, if it is then you need to put the front tires on that your manual states for the size of rear tires you have or you will probably break something or at the very least experience severe tire wear. Also if you don't have 4wd, I doubt you need ag tires in the front, would be better off with r4's.

/ Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut .
Guess i should have mentioned that it is 4 wd .........

If i go by my results from an internet search (which isn't saying much based on my computer skills ) there are no
4-15 R1 tires.
I'm wondering if that is why in their current parts list , the tire / rim combo for the front is a 5x14 rim with a 6-14 tire?
Joe.

/ Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut . #4  
Here may be some useful info.............

I read/heard mentioned that MFWD usually should run between 5 and 10% faster than the rears........

Doing the math on tire diameters is easy enough.......... But you might have a hard time figuring out the ratio of how fast the tractor gears turn the fronts more than the rears....... If it does at all.

Good luck

/ Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut . #5  
4X15 is for a 2wd not MFWD. 750 MFWD uses 6X14 on the front

/ Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut . #6  
Tx Jim is correct. This is from the 750 manual.

Attachments

• 750 front.jpg
    750 front.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 293
   / Need help with tire info for JD 750 cut . #7  
Here may be some useful info.............

I read/heard mentioned that MFWD usually should run between 5 and 10% faster than the rears........

Doing the math on tire diameters is easy enough.......... But you might have a hard time figuring out the ratio of how fast the tractor gears turn the fronts more than the rears....... If it does at all.

Good luck

It more like 1-5% overspeed for the fronts.