I HAVE A JOHN DEERE 5103 TRACTOR WITH BRAKE ISSUES

/ I HAVE A JOHN DEERE 5103 TRACTOR WITH BRAKE ISSUES #1  

pintohorse

Tractor
john deere 5103
THIS TRACTOR HAS HYDRAULIC BRAKES THAT SEEM TO WANT TO DRAG ALL THE TIME. I HAVE CHANGED THE HYD FILTER AND FLUID AND EVEN BLED THE BRAKES. FOR SOME REASON THE BRAKES AREN'T RELEASING TOTALLY IN THE FINAL DRIVE ASSEMBLIES. THIS TRACTOR IS LIKE NEW AND ONLY HAS 260 HRS ON IT. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HAS HEARD OF THIS KIND OF PROBLEM THAT CAN POSSIBLY HELP? I DON'Y WANT TO PULL THE FINAL DRIVES IF I DON'T HAVE TO.

/ I HAVE A JOHN DEERE 5103 TRACTOR WITH BRAKE ISSUES #2  
TractorData says that the 5103 machine has differential wet disk brakes. Does that mean the fiction surfaces are in the differential?
Is there a casting facing the rear of the machine which can be taken loose? I would also make sure all your control rods are not sticking anywhere because it is amazing what a little rust will do in the wrong place.
Good luck

/ I HAVE A JOHN DEERE 5103 TRACTOR WITH BRAKE ISSUES #3  
LVP942_________UN29MAY97.gifFirst, you need to be sure the brake pedals or the brake valve is not sticking and not allowing brakes to release. If that seems ok, then jack up the tractor and see if the wheel spins free. If it is dragging, loosen the bleed screw and see if it frees up. If it still drags with the bleed screw loose, then the problem is in the brakes. The final drives will need to come off. You might have defective retractor pins. They are #1 in the diagram. When reassembling the brake into the final drive, the retractor pins need to be pressed in until they bottom out.

/ I HAVE A JOHN DEERE 5103 TRACTOR WITH BRAKE ISSUES #4  
I'll bet it's parts key #1. My neighbor had to R&R final drive housings on his 5310 for the same thing.