Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Very nice machine!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Tractor
    John Deere 110TLB

Hey man, Thanks on Dad's behalf. Yeah they are really cool machines no doubt! The technology has come a long, long way. I grew up on tractors but Dad worked a dairy farm and tobacco farm up in Tennessee for Grandad (R.I.P.). Dad is the one with stories! Plowing with the ole mule...wow! And now balancing out the treble and bass on the stereo inside the air conditioned cab! Haha...crazy! Dang nice machines for sure! People talked and John Deere listened! I think maybe one of my favorite options on Dad's M is the electrohydraulic 3pt hitch. Now that is sweet! Push 1 button at the end of the field to raise implement...make your turn...push 1 button to lower implement back to exact position. Love It! I know it's just a button but it's a dang cool button! Anyone else want to chime in about your favorite options on these new type machines...doesn't have to be an M model. Just curious...
    Last edited by PBettis; 12-08-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Tractor
    Deer 4300, LT180, LT160, Bobcat 763

Default Re: Factory Fresh 5085M

Looks funny with those R4's for sure... Looks like you got the wheels sizes that would come with AG tires, supprised they dont use larger wheels with the R4's.

Beautiful looking tractor. Lots of capability there. AC in Georgia has got to be the Bees knees. But why R4s in red Georgia clay?

Tractor
    John Deere 110TLB

Mostly operate in hard pack soil or ground conditions and not so much in loose deeper dirt. Dad and I both just like R4's alot. The wider tread. The Ag tread is great too don't get me wrong. Since we widened the wheels/tires on both front and rear the machine looks and functions so much better. Also ballasted all tires.

I have mine set wide with spacers to boot. Beet juice (Rim gaurd) in the rears but not the fronts as the weight of the loader takes care of that and it would reduce the load you can put in the bucket before straining the front axle parts.

Tractor
    John Deere 110TLB

Front tire liquid ballast presents no load on the axle. Only slight rolling resistence. Looks like those spacers might load an axle though. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PBettis View Post
    Front tire liquid ballast presents no load on the axle. Only slight rolling resistence. Looks like those spacers might load an axle though. Not sure.
    Yes and no. The weight in the front tires counter balances some of the weight in the rear hitch making it ineffective. Hopefully your point of rotation in your balance diagram is the rear axle not the front axle.
    As to the spacers they are JD factory and are the largest they sell or recommend. They increase leverage on the rear axle bearings but unless the rear of the tractor was chained down while an upward force was applied out at the end of the tire it just means the tractor will move up that much quicker. Driving fast down a pot holed road probably isn't a good plan but never was anyway. At any rate I think the increased resistance to side rollover on slope work is worth the extra wear.

Tractor
    John Deere 110TLB

Agreed. I would rather be replacing the axle any day than having my bed pan replaced from a rollover..haha!
    Last edited by PBettis; 12-23-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    green

Nice machine. I'm about to order a 5085 M open station 2WD for a utility tractor. Any idea if the two stock SCV's are adjustable? After searching this site recently I've seen pictures of the upgraded triple SCV's - which are similar to my 6330 - but can't tell about the stock pair. I'm pretty excited to be stepping up from a 5403, but timing is not ideal for ordering a tractor by the end of the week. Don't know that I'm going to get to look at one next week, curious to drive it though and to make sure it is suitable for the more technical jobs.

Hope your dad (or you?) get plenty of good use out of that new tractor-
    *JD 5085M *JD 6110 w 640 loader *JD 6330 *AC F2 Gleaner *Ford 7.3 Powerstroke x 4

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast