Factory Fresh 5085M

/ Factory Fresh 5085M
Just a recap...Dad has ordered the skid plates for the 5085M and is currently awaiting their arrival to the dealer. I'll still do my best to get pics of them before they are installed. Here's a pic of a cool Aluminum brush guard addition Dad and I fabricated. We noticed a small dent in the hood screen and decided to try and prevent that from happening again. This is some material I snagged from a close friend who owns a sign company. I believe if you're ever in Panama City Fla. you will see tons of this material used under hand railing on one of the newer Hotels. Maybe the "Splash" Hotel. The same company installed it down there a few years ago. Or if you're ever in GA. you will see it on a 5085M John Deere. Haha!! We just thought it was something different than expanded metal and it turned out very strong and looks pretty cool too.

ForumRunner_20130208_212812.png

ForumRunner_20130208_212847.png

/ Factory Fresh 5085M #52  
Makes the front head lights almost useless doesn't it? Of course you probably have others up on the cab. I took my factory brush guard off for snow plowing at night. I'll have to remember to put it back on in the spring before doing brush hogging and loader work.

/ Factory Fresh 5085M
Actually, we did some testing with a giant piece of cardboard to make a decision on how to build the screen. I thought about making a smaller section in front of the headlights that would "hinge" down for night time use but, after testing the amount of light the screen restricted, it wasn't enough to be concerned about so we just left it as one whole piece. Thankfully the cab lights are extremely bright and really light the area up.