Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab #1  

concord maple

Tractor
JD 3320 with comfort cab
Bought a new cabbed 3320 at end of summer and I can't seem to get the heat on in the cab. This is the first time trying it in cold weather. Both the heat and cold knobs are turned as far as they go clockwise and I have the AC/deicing button pushed on..It is still blowing cold air. How long does it need to run before it begins blowing warm air?

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab #2  
Has your temp gage come up to operating temp? There are 2 heater hoses on the right side of the engine compartment going up into
the cab to the heater core, are they getting hot? you may want to try turning the A/C off and see if you get any heat. Also, check your
coolant in the radiator (when cool) and see if it is full. If you get an air bubble in the system and it finds it's way up into your cab heater
it will prevent the warm coolant from circulating up into the heater core in the cab. I can't remember for sure, but some tractors have
a valve to shut that flow off going up into the cab (for summer), which would be visible from the right side of the tractor, between the engine and the
bottom front of the cab where those hoses go into the cab and up to the heater core.

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab #3  
Turn off the ac by disengaging the AC button (light off) and just turn your temp control to hot. The heater should work then, at least that is how mine works.

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab
Has your temp gage come up to operating temp? There are 2 heater hoses on the right side of the engine compartment going up into
the cab to the heater core, are they getting hot? you may want to try turning the A/C off and see if you get any heat. Also, check your
coolant in the radiator (when cool) and see if it is full. If you get an air bubble in the system and it finds it's way up into your cab heater
it will prevent the warm coolant from circulating up into the heater core in the cab. I can't remember for sure, but some tractors have
a valve to shut that flow off going up into the cab (for summer), which would be visible from the right side of the tractor, between the engine and the
bottom front of the cab where those hoses go into the cab and up to the heater core.

Just talked with dealer. Turned off AC switch and ran tractor at 1800 rpm for 20 minutes and still not blowing noticeable hot air. Even stainless lines not hot to touch. Dealer suspecting air got in and need to bleed off.

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab #5  
Who connected the heater hoses and to where? We see dopes all the time that connect to just the block and head.

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab #6  
Had a similar issue when my 3720 was new. Had to pop the top and adjust the temp control cables between the cab and the heat exchangers. What the knobs said - and what they were actually doing - was not the same thing. Also - what you're calling a deicer switch is actually just a compressor on/off switch. Its only purpose is to control whether you're cooling with A/C or with ambient air. It should be off when you want heat.

//greg//

Is there a valve or switch somewhere that may be shut that would allow coolant not to enter the cab in the summer as was mentioned earlier? Looks as if one of the hoses running into the cab is warm on one side of the tractor and one running on the other side is cold.

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab #8  
That's what the cables do. As you turn either of those knobs inside the cab, they're supposed to open and close valves up under the cab cover. Sounds like your red knob isn't opening the heater core valve far enough - if at all. You have to take the roof off to adjust for proper cable travel. And don't try it yourself. Two guys have to lift the roof straight up, or else you'll tear the weather seal. I watched a John Deere mechanic try it himself, and they ended up buying me a new seal.

//greg//

/ Obtaining Heat Inside a 3320 Cab #9  
There is a rotary plastic shut off in the heater hoses as well. You will find it near where the hoses enter / exit the cab on the outside of the machine.

There is a rotary plastic shut off in the heater hoses as well. You will find it near where the hoses enter / exit the cab on the outside of the machine.

We looked for a valve by tracing the hoses but dont see any. Dealer is supposed to be here within the hour. They think it is an air bubble in system and haven't mentioned anything about valves. So I will let you know what they figure out.