Dealership Service

/ Dealership Service #1  

LHS Inc

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3520 eHydro w/300CX FEL
I just wanted to give a thumbs up :thumbsup:to Atlantic Tractor, my local JD dealership, for the recall service job they did on my JD 3520 yesterday.

They called me when the recall first came out and left it up to me when I wanted it done. They offered to come out to my location to do the work so I took them up on it.

I asked them to call before coming out so I could leave work and open up the shed and call when they got done so I could close up. They did just as I asked.

The mechanic was very professional and mannerly.

When I first bought my tractor I was told by another dealership that Atlantic Tractor wouldn't have time for me as they would a farmer coming in buying a 200 hp tractor and implements but I have found that to be completely false.

I've been given top notch service on every aspect of my tractor from parts to attachments.

I look forward to a great relationship for many years to come.

Last edited:
   / Dealership Service #2  
After reading other threads bashing dealers it is a pleasure to read a post like yours. Most people will readily point out bad service, but very few of us mention when we get good service.

Ken

/ Dealership Service
After reading other threads bashing dealers it is a pleasure to read a post like yours. Most people will readily point out bad service, but very few of us mention when we get good service.

Ken

Thanks Ken. Thats exactly what I was thinking. I hear a lot about bad dealers so I thought I'd post a good report on my dealer.

/ Dealership Service #4  
I agree. A bad experience report can trigger a flood of reminiscing about other bad experiences. Although the reported complaints may be valid, the negative focus can leave the impression that most dealers don't provide good service. But the opposite is the truth. By far most dealers wish to provide good products and service, and I think that is what most of us experience.

Like LHS Inc, I am entirely pleased with great service from my Kioti dealer(Timberstar Tractor). I previously had a Kubota(Avenue Equipment) and they were also great. It is the same for the local Case/Lanhini/Massey dealer (Noble Tractor) from whom I have purchased implements and parts. What I like about all of them is that all dealings have been "handshake" agreements--just like in the old days. That includes the tractor purchase and implement purchases.

An example is my last purchase of a tooth bar from Timberstar. We settled on a price by phone. When I picked it up I saw a credit on the invoice for $125 off the total price, bringing it to the original agreement. I asked about it. The dealer said he had made a mistake but was still making $25 on the toothbar. I offered to pay the difference--he refused saying he was happy to stay with the original price. When I got home I checked the price online (it is a Horst Welding product) and found the error. My bucket required a special size that adds $125 to Horst's price. So I called the dealer and offered to split the difference. He again declined.

Another example was repairing my finishing mower (Buhler Farm King) by Noble Tractor. Because it is an old mower, an understandable mistake resulted in a replacement blade pulley being the wrong size making belt adjustment tricky. I called Noble who found the error. They came out 10 miles, picked up the mower, replaced the pulley, returned the mower, and expressed regret for the mistake.

My impression is that the dealers around here enjoy providing good customer service as much as they do making money.

Last edited:
   / Dealership Service #5  
hi lhs, i also have a 3520, a 2010 model. i have never had a recall on this tractor. what was your recall for? i also deal with atlantic in whiteford, md. great folks to do business with. thanks...............bud

/ Dealership Service
hi lhs, i also have a 3520, a 2010 model. i have never had a recall on this tractor. what was your recall for? i also deal with atlantic in whiteford, md. great folks to do business with. thanks...............bud

Hey Bud. Mine is a 2010 year model also. From what I understand the recall is for a seal in the rear axle. The mechanic told me that some of them had been leaking. Mine wasn't but that doesn't mean it won't in the future so I was fine with them replacing the old one.

They took the left hand back tire and fender off and whatever else to get to the seal. Took about and hour.

The service manager told me they have until June of 2013 to get them done so your dealership might be waiting for the slow season so the guys will have some work to do.

I'd call them up and see if you can go ahead and get it done.

The 3520 is a great tractor, I've really enjoyed mine.

/ Dealership Service #7  
lhs, thanks for getting back to me. i'll question them on my next visit. where are you located on the eastern shore? we have a place in ocean pines....bud