Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Default Re: Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower

Thanks for the update!
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Here's what the kit will look like. It eliminated 90% of my vibration and most of the noise. My understanding is that the new 1026 series come also with the cv joint on the small shaft. Have not find out yet if it would eliminate the rest of the vibration.
    -dscf5211-jpg-dscf5217-jpg-dscf5221-jpg
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Tractor
    JD 1026R

Yep 1026r has cv joint from blower and the long one going to middle of tractor.. Much nicer than the old setup very little vibration. But honestly if all ujoints were lined up vibration wasn't to bad or at least on my 2305.
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

I gave in and bought the kit, what an amazing difference and worth every penny! It only cost $306 as well so it wasn't as painful after all!

Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Quote Originally Posted by ndfellow View Post
    I gave in and bought the kit, what an amazing difference and worth every penny! It only cost $306 as well so it wasn't as painful after all!
    Good for you! Have you also consider the front blower shaft with the cv? I've got one being ship, "just waiting for Labrat to get back to work". From the feedback I've got, it should take care pretty much of the rest of the noise.
    Henri

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Tractor
    JD 2210

At least the hard part is over.. I was able to get it back in the box...

Tractor
    2008 JD 2305

Quote Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
    At least the hard part is over.. I was able to get it back in the box...
    Henri

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

Another question guys hoping its ok to use the same thread. I've ordered the cv joint for the blower but since I installed the new pot kit I've slipped the chain on the blower 4 times. I've also noticed a lot of play developing on the impeller forward and backwards. Bearings? Nothing? Ideas?

Thx!!!

Tractor
    JD X585

if your impeller is sliding forward, you will need to address that before you break excessive
    shear bolts or do chain/sprocket damage. The white metal hub that drives the impeller has
    set screws that are supposed to secure it to the shaft. It is common for this hub to not
    stay put, and there are a few different fixes you can do. I believe that there is a bit of
    design error, in the fact that there is no set screw directly on the key (which i thought was
    common practice in a situation like this).

1 fix is to double check the set screws, see if they can be tightened to secure the hub
    to that shaft. We have found that sometimes these screws don't really bite into the
    shaft for a good secure lock. In some cases, we have removed the hub, and drilled
    a hole over top of the keyway and put in a set screw there.

another fix, (and it will be quicker and get you going) is to tighten the set screws the
    best you can, (making sure the fan is pushed back away from the front of the housing)
    and then install one of those 1" shaft clamps around the shaft and tighten it down good,
    which will lock it onto the shaft preventing the hub/impeller from sliding forward.
    here's one at grainger:
    DAYTON Collar, Shaft, 1 In - Shaft Collars - 1L702|1L702 - Grainger Industrial Supply
    JD X585 with 45 loader, 3ph, 62C deck, 47SB, 54 blade, Soft Cab. JD F620 with 60". JD HPX gator. JD T23 trimmer
    JD CS56 and CS36 saws. JS35 WB mower.

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

Thanks Dutch445!! You were right on set screws the were loose. Ill be getting a collar as well! I did seem to stretch my chain as if I tighten it its tight on top and loose on bottom, only 4 links seem to match up so off to JD tomorrow but that's fairly painless!

I also found the pin through my driveshaft on the blower was broke and had some wobble. Have you replaced this shaft with a cv joint shaft, worth it?

Thx!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast