2720 & 47 Snow Blower

/ 2720 & 47 Snow Blower #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
We got over 9" of wet heavy snow yesterday, so I finally got a chance to use my 2720 & 47 snow blower. I got the 2720 in January, I have had the 47 snow blower for several years.
I had it all setup for last winter, but we did not get any snow. After hearing the forecasts of all of the snow that was coming yesterday, I got the cab & the snow blower installed. Sometime after last winter was over I got a remote chute adjusting cable for the snow blower. I had forgotten about getting it until I got the snow blower out of storage. So I also got that installed, although I had to reroute the cable after I saw it was getting between the front hitch & stop.

Because the 2720 has a lot more power than the 2320 I traded in, I stocked up on shear bolts. After seeing the type of snow we had, I was sure I would need several because I always broke at least one every time I used it with the other tractors I had used it on. To my surprise, I did not break one.

The chute adjuster worked great. I did several of my neighbors drives. If I had not had the chute adjuster, I would not been able to have done some of them because of cars, near by houses & decorations.

The 47 snow blower worked better on the 2720 than it did on the other tractors I have used it on. Those tractors were the 455, 2210, 2320.

After using the snow blower, There was a lot of slush on the driveway, so I went back over the driveway again with my 1026R & blade with a rubber edge.

DSCF2132.jpg

DSCF2133.jpg

This was how I routed the cable the first time. As you can see in the photo, when the chute was rotated to the left, the cable would get in between the hitch & upstop.

DSCF2124.jpg

This is how it is now.

DSCF2127.jpg

Having the cab on the tractor, with a window where the cable is normally mounted & not getting any mounting hardware with the cable, made mounting the handle a challenge. I made the mount easy to install & remove, in case I need to use the loader also.
I like this location much better than the normal mounting location. It is very easy to reach & adjust.

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2128.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

/ 2720 & 47 Snow Blower #2  
Awesome setup! Isn't it amazing at how fun it is to move snow with a cab!
people can say anything they want about buckets, but give me a front snowblower
with a cab any day for snow! well, at least for the kind of snow we get around
here, averaging 200 inches a year i'd guess.

/ 2720 & 47 Snow Blower #3  
Nice Rig:thumbsup:

/ 2720 & 47 Snow Blower #4  
You do have a nice setup ,younger brother has a 2720 he really like the extra height and hyd for using forks at his sawmill.

Agree about having the blower over a front bucket ,cab and heater..Big difference. Yesterday had about 1 1/2-- 2 1/2 " of sleet, ice balls , freezing rain so I used the blade to try and get down to the concrete or whatever the surface. Same for this morning for about 2 hrs , took blade off and did the rest of the day with blower,,so much nicer !!! Been able to run tractor at 2100--3200 ,most of the time 26-2800rpm seems to do get.
I will say whether I'm mowing or using snow blower , If I get into some deep snow or tall grass ,seems like the engine takes longer to catch up to the rpm I had been running just a sec before. Don't remember the other diesels I had doing this. They seemed to catch up quicker than the 1026r . Either way the 1026r does a good job.

/ 2720 & 47 Snow Blower
Thanks everyone.

In my opinion, having a cab is a must with a snow blower. I used it only one time without a cab.
I looked like a snowman when I was done & also frozen. I had an original cab on the tractor before the next snow. I do not have heat in the cab, but I stay warm.
I was blowing snow for over 5 hours the last 2 days & stayed warn the whole time. I plowed snow on the 1026R for about 35 minutes without a cab & I was freezing by the time I got finished.
I have an Original cab that I had on a 2210 that I am going to see if I can make it work on the 1026R.

/ 2720 & 47 Snow Blower #6  
Because the 2720 has a lot more power than the 2320 I traded in, I stocked up on shear bolts. After seeing the type of snow we had, I was sure I would need several because I always broke at least one every time I used it with the other tractors I had used it on. To my surprise, I did not break one.

Apart from ingesting solid objects the major cause of serial shear bolt smashing is the auger grazing the ground. If you broke pins almost every time you used the blower with the other tractors perhaps it's because it wasn't a good fit. Sometimes when we adjust a blower's "angle of attack" so to speak, we don't realize that it slightly tilts forward once the tractor is in motion. Sometimes this causes the auger to graze the ground causing enough enough stress to snap shear pins but not enough to be felt by the operator.