Stutter, 400X Loader

/ Stutter, 400X Loader #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
My 4720/400X (440 hrs), has a frequent "stutter" when raising the loader. Doesn't do it all the time-will also notice it from time to time when raising the 3 pt. That says to me a pump/filter issue? The oil/filters are original- oil looks clear and bright but I do have the oil/filter on hand for a change so I don't think I'll wait till 500 hrs.

Any thoughts?

/ Stutter, 400X Loader #2  
There use to be a issue with a short piece of rubber hose just before filter collapsing and starving the pump but haven't heard of that in quite a while but wouldn't hurt to check out.

/ Stutter, 400X Loader #3  
The online manual says trans oil and filter change at 400 hours. I am betting the filter is restricted.

/ Stutter, 400X Loader
There use to be a issue with a short piece of rubber hose just before filter collapsing and starving the pump but haven't heard of that in quite a while but wouldn't hurt to check out.

thx guys-I'll check out both points-thought 500 hrs. was hyd oil point.

/ Stutter, 400X Loader #5  
My 400X loader acted similar to your description when the 4320 tractor had about 100 hrs. Got some suggestions here on TBN including checking the power steering fittings for tightness. Found one fitting on the power steering cylinder was snug but not real tight -- apparently leaking air but not fluid. No more issue after tightening that fitting. May want to check all fittings in hydraulic circuits for tightness.

/ Stutter, 400X Loader
My 400X loader acted similar to your description when the 4320 tractor had about 100 hrs. Got some suggestions here on TBN including checking the power steering fittings for tightness. Found one fitting on the power steering cylinder was snug but not real tight -- apparently leaking air but not fluid. No more issue after tightening that fitting. May want to check all fittings in hydraulic circuits for tightness.
SS-Thx- I will check that out!