ANY 5M OWNERS OUT THERE? WHAT DO YOU THINKOF THEM

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #2  
:welcome:

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #3  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #4  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the John Deere Owning/Operating forum.

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #5  
HI TO ALL!

ANY 5M OWNERS OUT THERE? WHAT DO YOU THINKOF THEM

There's a few of us here. Surprised that no one has piped up, yet!

I've had my 5075M for nearly 2 years, now. About 250 hours, currently. Use it for mowing, baling, HD rototilling and snow removal. I've had 3 problems with the tractor. A couple of minor issues and one major design flaw. Mis-adjusted Park bracket on transmission shifter (minor), defective (design problem) hydraulic filter and sump mount (major), and a hyd gasket seep on the rear transaxle housing for the SCV's (minor). All problems were covered under warranty from Deere -- at no expense to me.

All in all; it's been a very good tractor, however. Plenty of power, great fuel economy, excellent cab and I especially like the electro-hydraulic 3pt with rear fender control.

I'm considering a Silage Special round baler at the moment with the possibility of wrapping some of the bales for haylage. So, I might just be in the market for a 5100M, too! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #6  
Hi, we have a 2012 5105M, just turned 1 year since we picked it up, about 250hrs. Mostly snow and land leveling. Done a little plowing with a 4 bottom plow (very heavy soil), pulling a 15' disker/seeder and rototilling. It has tons of power, we went with the Non-self leveling loader and have yet to find something it won't lift, even over 3k once, 2k pallets regularly. Love the cab, no problems yet. The only thing, is we didn't order the transmission with the lowest gears, believing that we could add the creeper gears later if we needed for the tiller or snowblower. As it turns out it would be nice to have that lower gearing and apparently JD no longer supports their add on creeper gears so we are S.O.L on that one. Still would pull the trigger on it. Very pleased overall. Fuel consumption is only slightly higher than our old 55hp tractor, very happy.

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #7  
I have a new 5115M for snow work. Our winter has been lacking so I don't have many hrs in it. Hard to comment on anything other than comfort and cab layout. I like it. Some say it is quiet but I don't really agree with that. Hard to hear a phone call etc. I haven't even tried to use the bluetooth radio phone ap as it doesnt seem possible. The tractor takes a long while to come up to temp and around 15 or 20 min before heat arrives. I think a heated seat would be a good option for those that do winter work with the machine. There are probably add-ons aftermarket for that. Some may laugh but hey, she's cold.

I've done some 8 mile paved road treks with her a few times between accounts and that worked out Ok. She can be a little squirrelly but 24mph is not unreasonable with the 32/16 tranny if the surface is smooth. I do wish for an intermittent windshield wiper control. The layout of the righthand controls on the deluxe cab is pretty good and I really appreciate the electronic draft/lift 3ph that can be dialed in accurately. Visability and turning radius is awesome. Brakes are not. I do realize it is more ag than industrial but braking and holding on a hill etc takes more force than I think it should. The tranny has some protective systems which is a good thing for me. The shift pattern is closer than my old 1070 and very tight the first few hrs which led to a few mis-shifts. Basically she goes into neutral if somthing is amiss. It has taken me some getting used to with no reverse on the stick. The power reverser and modulator control is a great thing as it turns out. It does take a while to learn to use effectively without braking, especially in close quarters, but it is saving my knees. Reverse is faster than forward so that is also a time saver. That's all I've got.

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #8  
I've got a 5225 and a 5085M that have the narrowest tire option on them for high crop narrow applications. The 5085M rides way better than the 5225, but they are completely different tractors. I do prefer the 5085M a lot more than the 5225 mostly because of comfort and how much better it accelerates I have a 12/4 SyncShuttle Plus on mine, it does 21MPH + It does good on the hills, I've hauled a load of 10,000 lbs on it. The tractor can handle it but I wouldn't use that particular tractor to haul something that heavy, I would use a bigger 6 series. Something that has about 100 HP more or less but for me 85 Engine Hp isn't enough. But it does the job.

As for options I have a corner post exhaust on mine for maximum visibility, it's good to have if you need lots of visibility. I have two extra sets of lights one set each for the front and back so I can work later into the night if I want to.

For you Greenpto35, you should use the lights on the outside as alley lights that point directly to the side of the tractor, so you are visible and you can see others. That's what I did for my 5085M. Their pretty easy to access from the cab if your arm is long enough to stick out the back window.

I only have about 20 hours on it since I got it really late this year and there's not much to do in the fall so it will be used more.

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #9  
I have 4 spot lights high up on the front of the cab and 4 in the back plus the headlights. It's nice to plow with. Bright I'd say. Corner exhaust as well. Visibility is great with the 2 out side mirrors and the rear view mirror. The only time I have a hard time is when I'm concentrating on what my 92" rear blower is picking up and forget I have 9 ft plus hanging off the front. With the extended fifteen foot blade and tight turning radius compared to the GM truck, I am always amazed at the ability to plow a small radius. Add brake steering and now we're having fun...

/ JOHN DEERE 5m SERIES #10  
I have 4 spot lights high up on the front of the cab and 4 in the back plus the headlights. It's nice to plow with. Bright I'd say. Corner exhaust as well. Visibility is great with the 2 out side mirrors and the rear view mirror. The only time I have a hard time is when I'm concentrating on what my 92" rear blower is picking up and forget I have 9 ft plus hanging off the front. With the extended fifteen foot blade and tight turning radius compared to the GM truck, I am always amazed at the ability to plow a small radius. Add brake steering and now we're having fun...

Our 5M's are pretty much specced out the same other than the transmission, cab, tires and power. I have the same lights that you have and a beacon, mirrors etc. :D