Any 855 owners (electrical)

/ Any 855 owners (electrical) #1  

gregz

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX 2350
Seems Bubba and his uncle daddy owned or worked on my new to me 855. None of the lights worked, I found it only corrision in the fuse socket. Also had one bad sealed beam in the fender ,$45 bucks ouch, and middle light on hood the socket is no good,wires cut.
No warning lights. Poked around and found this (see photo) . There are two wires cut , one green and one green white and only one green wire going to flasher. Can someone post photo of what is cut off or tell whats going on here.
I'm going to do my best here and get all lights working properly
thanks
gregz

100_0508.jpg

/ Any 855 owners (electrical) #2  
see if this helps, sent you an email w/ more info

Joe

8550001.jpg

/ Any 855 owners (electrical)
Sweet ! maybe the two wires just popped or accendtly got pulled out. Might be nice ez fix.
thanks

/ Any 855 owners (electrical) #4  
I think that the two loose wires go to the flasher. If so, the connector (which the flasher is plugged into) is shot. The terminals inside it get crimped onto the wires, but since those two wires have broken off, they can't be re-crimped. You can try all the car parts houses and maybe get lucky and find one that will work -OR- you can go to a junk yard and maybe get lucky and find one in a car that will fit yours. If so, just cut the connector off but leave a few inches of wire to make your new connections to the 3 existing wires in your tractor. I think most of the older flashers are fairly standardized and it should be pretty common. You'll probably need a wiring diagram to get them back to the correct points, though. Or, maybe someone has an 855 and can tell you how they should go. Good luck, and congrats on the new tractor!!!

Last edited:
   / Any 855 owners (electrical) #5  
You should be able to get the terminal from a JD dealer.

/ Any 855 owners (electrical) #6  
   / Any 855 owners (electrical) #7  
looks like a Delco connector. look into the front end of the conector body, you should see the metal 1/4" quickslide terminal, on the side is a small tab that sticks out to catch the plastic when the terminal is pushed in from the rear. use a small flat blade, push it in next to the terminal, rotate the blade to push the tab back and push the terminal out. An auto parts store or electric shop should be able to help with a new terminal for the body.

/ Any 855 owners (electrical)
Yes i bought a new body and female end from local flaps ( friendly local auto parts store) I found a factory spliced two wires into one wire off old kawasaki parts bike. Spliced it in and lights work fine
cheerz
gregz