How often should it be serviced

/ How often should it be serviced #1  

PLOWER

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4710 JD Lt133 JD 345
How often should my 4100 be taken to the dealer to get serviced?

PLOWER

/ How often should it be serviced #2  
Plower,
Your operator's manual should have a maintenance check list of service hours.

The first time in doing maintenance it might take longer,but after couple of times its a breeze.

There really shouldn't be a need to take your JD4100 in for service unless there a real problem.

Oh yeah one other thing,if you do the service have plenty of rags and speedy dry also wear old clothes. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ How often should it be serviced #3  
Never. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Your 15??? Well maybe once, read the manual cover to cover, stay whith the guy the entire time he works on it, ask every question about anything that comes to mind. Use this board for question you forgot to ask.

From then on, do it yourself. Maybe cut a deal with your dad for some percentage of what he is saving. Then put lots of hours on the tractor. Tell your dad it needs service every 50 hours. You will have enough for a new guitar in no time.
Just kidding/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Whatever you do be SAFE

/ How often should it be serviced
YEP,
I'm 15 I've always love tractors since I was like 1.But we never needed a tractor intill about 6 months ago and we got a 4100.But I always have known how to drive one,learned from my grandpa he got me started.About the service I dont think I could do it by myself I've always thought about bringing it in.But that would be nice about the guitar though just bought one broke me.
PLOWER

/ How often should it be serviced #5  
PLOWER,

<font color=blue>I dont think I could do it by myself </font color=blue>

Maybe?

One of the hard parts, in my view, is having the right tools and holding 5 gallon buckets to pour hydraulic fluid.

The other hard part is the experience to recognize problems and where to look for them when you service the tractor. I can't think of a better time to start building that experience.
If I had started at your age I could boast:

" I have been servicing tractors for 40 years, you young whipersnapper"/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Watch the service guy and I bet you come to the conclusion "no big deal".

/ How often should it be serviced #6  
Plower -

You've got more tractor experience than I have.

Maybe we can cross <font color=green>col</font color=green><font color=orange>or</font color=orange> barriers and learn together. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ How often should it be serviced #7  
Plower, my Dad bought his first service station shortly after I turned 16 and I started servicing cars and pickups then. If someone shows you how the first time, there's no reason you can't service that tractor just fine by yourself.

Bird

/ How often should it be serviced #8  
Bird - yeah but thats not a fair comparison - when you were 16 the only cars were horses, weren't they /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Plower - way to go. i admire a youngster who actually gets dirt on his hands, not just the residue off of a playstation keyboard. Do like I did when i fell in love with motorcycles at the age of 14 or so - get a part time job at a tractor shop or dealership, or even hang around for no pay, over summer vacation and weekends, and soon someone at the dealer will sense your interest and teach you the ropes. Akid with your head on his shoulders could handle it easily with just a little guidance.

/ How often should it be serviced #9  
Heck no, PaulB, I'm old, but not that old. By the time I turned 16, we'd already gone from plowing with mules to using a hand cranked John Deere that was at least as old as I was./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ How often should it be serviced #10  
So, Bird there's really some <font color=green>Green</font color=green> hidden under that<font color=orange> Orange</font color=orange> exterior. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif