Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #102  
I guess you were initially correct.
"but nothing beats a John Deere for all around performance. Things like this, is what makes Deere worth the extra bucks. I just love my Deere"

All other factors have been ruled out. I am heading to purchase a JD tomorrow. Do they make motorcycles? I have a couple hills I can't make it up on my Japanese bikes before traction runs out. I don't mind spending extra bucks. Lol
I'm glad you've seen the light... I often wish that JD would make diesel motorcycles,and cars, and planes, and guns. They claim "Nothing Runs like a Deer".. They wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota
I'm glad you've seen the light... I often wish that JD would make diesel motorcycles,and cars, and planes, and guns. They claim "Nothing Runs like a Deer".. They wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

:drink: :cool2: :thumbsup:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #104  

I made a mistake by comparing my Japanese motorcycle to one made by JD. I guess I wouldn't gain anything after all because JD would buy a Japanese made motor and put it on their branded motorcycle. Better stick with my Kawasaki, I don't think yanmar has a motorcycle engine that compete just yet.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #106  
You would understand what you were doing and what we are trying to tell you. Instead of trying to solve a technical issue with emotion instead of logic.

i think Carl 'gets' what you are trying to tell him. But for Carl the smaller Deere did a better job regardless of the difference in tractor size.
if it were me i would have grabbed forks and a piece of plywood and unloaded the trailer to carry the furniture to the front door. That would have been using the Kubota I should add.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #107  
I appreciate what you're saying, and am fully aware that on dry ground the Kubota would pull the John Deere around with ease, but as far as pulling the trailer that day, what other factors could have possibly been involved that I didn't already explain? Same load, same hill, same ground condition, neither tractor had chains, neither had extra weights and both were in 4WD.

to take a stab at why, i'd say that it may come down to a situation that on slippery ground (snow covered) weight was not your friend as
we always think. the compact weighs much more, and thus had to overcome it's own extra weight in addition to the trailer. combine that with
those wonderful R-4 tires on snowpack and the incline and there just wasn't enough traction to get up the hill. the lighter JD with the HDAP tire
had that much more traction under those conditions.

Carl Bert when the tractors lost traction, were you seeing grass spin up or was it just snow? neither may have been down thru the snow
into the grass/turf.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #108  
No One asked my take on this, :) But here goes anyway:)..I believe that the tires on the JD are much better for certain snow conditions than the R4 tires on the 'bota. My understanding is that the tires become packed with snow, and snow on snow has a far superior coefficient of friction than hard cold rubber on snow..Look at this thread and the reports of the vast improvement by siping your R4 tires in snow conditions so that they will hold snow in the sipes.. I did mine and only had 1 snow event to test them with before I traded off the tractor, but in my mind at least they seemed to be greatly improved from what I remembered from the previous year.. The thread and the theory's about why it works make for interesting reading in any case.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/193438-cutting-groving-siping-r-4-a.html

James K0UA

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #109  
No One asked my take on this, :) But here goes anyway:)..I believe that the tires on the JD are much better for certain snow conditions than the R4 tires on the 'bota. My understanding is that the tires become packed with snow, and snow on snow has a far superior coefficient of friction than hard cold rubber on snow..Look at this thread and the reports of the vast improvement by siping your R4 tires in snow conditions so that they will hold snow in the sipes.. I did mine and only had 1 snow event to test them with before I traded off the tractor, but in my mind at least they seemed to be greatly improved from what I remembered from the previous year.. The thread and the theory's about why it works make for interesting reading in any case.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/193438-cutting-groving-siping-r-4-a.html

James K0UA

I'll add my thoughts as well. I find this thread humorous. For some reason a lot of people take these things way too personally. The op owns both machines and as such entitles him to say or post whatever he wants without being a troll. People need to just find the humor in this however it suits them.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota
You would understand what you were doing and what we are trying to tell you. Instead of trying to solve a technical issue with emotion instead of logic.

I wasn't doing anything wrong, as you put it, nor was I trying to solve a technical issue. If you bothered to read the posts, I didn't bring emotion into this, everyone else did. I tried to pull a trailer up a snow covered hill, I lost traction, did not want to ruin the lawn, so I stopped. Plain and simple, no rocket science here. To tell you the truth, if it was a technical issue that required logic to solve, I highly doubt that you would be able to tell me anything I do not already know. NOW I brought emotion into it!