Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #141  
Almost, weight works against you when moving an object up a slippery slope with limited traction.

40 or so years ago I was told JD's were winning the stock tractor pulls because they were built lighter. This would let them pull in the next lighter class where the other tractor had less HP. I am not saying they were less study but you did have to add more weights for field work.

This info came from a biased source, my dad, who owned IH equipment, but I expect it was true at the time. My uncle was a green man. I do recall the green parts were considerably more expensive. But that could have been due to the local dealers.

I respectfully disagree...
A 2wd pick up truck needs additional weight placed in the bed in order to get traction going up a slick hill...
4wd trucks go good in the snow due to the front wheels pulling and the additional weight placed over the drive wheels help gain traction...
Another reason front wheel drive cars do better in the snow than rear wheel drive cars...

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #142  
If the OP's slope was indeed "30^" I doubt there'd be that much weight/traction on front wheels, anyway. Front wheel drive can lose some of its traction advantage going up steep inclines, esp so when center of gravity is tractor-high vs car-low.

I'll always believe that tractor color is as important as ... hair color & I'll stand behind Carl 'til he gets a blue one. ;) (5 pages to go, paisano...)

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #143  
When are you people going to quit thrashing this poor old guy . This has gone on for two weeks . That is his story and he's sticking to it .

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #144  
Hmmmm. A JD pulls out a bigger Bota, Sounds like the guy needs driving lessons....or maybe the wife got the keys for the Bota ?

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #145  
   / Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #146  
And BINGO we have another slam . Let him up . This may make THE longest running post EVER .

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #147  
And BINGO we have another slam . Let him up . This may make THE longest running post EVER .
Naw, this is just a continuation of the same old color pissing match. The problem is JD owners are always so insecure because they feel sheepish deep inside for paying so much more for just a color.:D:cool2:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #148  

The longest running stupid post ever. The poor OP was simply reporting an experience.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #149  
I have a john deere blanket on the couch in the shop office.

Carl should have, and quite possibly did, know what he was starting. Why pity him ?

The best way to stop this thread is to stop posting to it.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #150  
The longest running stupid post ever.

The best way to stop this thread is to stop posting to it.

thank you for posting that...:)

c'mon we can only talk about piston ring tolerances only so long.
And it is easy to unsubscribe, but this thread certainly does have its humor.
A lot of things get taken seriously here but this isn't likely to be one of them.