Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2008 JD 2305, 600hr

Default Re: Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

A for pete's sake, not 30!
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , 4' boxblade Agriease , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Classic TBN post. Why protest so loudly? Nothing wrong with a litlle well placed loyalty imo, seems to be lacking in younger generations from what I see. I agree that blind loyalty is foolish, most of us like whatever has served us well and that helps build confidence in a brand. At the same time making assumptions as to why someone else choose green paint without reference is well "uniformed". Most of us work with what we have and recognize it is only machinery.
    FWIW...I have viewed this entire thread (starting with the OP) as tongue in cheek...the title itself was obviously meant to stir things up in the age old color/brand versus brand/color debates...The OP chose a traction issue to stir the pot and I don't think I'm the only one that thinks he fell into it (the pot)...

some folks have very thin skins and fail to recognize sarcasm or jesting...(stick poking) and take the "pokes" much deeper than they should

As for brand loyalty...nothing the matter with that...Peter Lynch always recommends buying stocks/products that "you know"...good advice when buying anything IMO...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct yet sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    B3200, L5740,

Quote Originally Posted by /pine View Post
    FWIW...I have viewed this entire thread (starting with the OP) as tongue in cheek...the title itself was obviously meant to stir things up in the age old color/brand versus brand/color debates...The OP chose a traction issue to stir the pot and I don't think I'm the only one that thinks he fell into it (the pot)...

some folks have very thin skins and fail to recognize sarcasm or jesting...(stick poking) and take the "pokes" much deeper than they should

As for brand loyalty...nothing the matter with that...Peter Lynch always recommends buying stocks/products that "you know"...good advice when buying anything IMO...
    L5740 LA854 loader
    L3130 LA723 loader sold
    B3200 LA504 loader
    B1550 sold
    B2620 sold
    B4200 sold
    F2680E
    ZD1211
    GF1800 sold
    Kubota RTV900
    JD 850D Gator sold
    JD F935 x 2 sold
    Case 590SM-2
    JD 310D TLB sold
    Ford 555D sold
    Gehl 602 excavator sold
    JD317 sold
    JD323D

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

I don't believe I fell into anything, as you put it. If I were to re write it, I would tell it over the same way, do you know why? Because thats the way it happened, and there's no getting around that. Truth is you kubota fanatics just can't handle some good old JD bragging, especially when it includes a Kubota coming up short. (talk about thin skinned)

Now you say there's nothing wrong with brand loyalty, but what you obviously mean is, there is nothing wrong with brand loyalty as long as the brand isn't John Deere.

Funny thing is Kubota owners get so bent out of shape when JD is mentioned, but from what I've seen, JD owners couldn't care less when someone brags about their Kubota. Why do you think that is? I've bragged about my Kubota many times on this forum, and never once do I remember being attacked by JD fans.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post
    I don't believe I fell into anything, as you put it. If I were to re write it, I would tell it over the same way, do you know why? Because thats the way it happened, and there's no getting around that. Truth is you kubota fanatics just can't handle some good old JD bragging, especially when it includes a Kubota coming up short. (talk about thin skinned)

Now you say there's nothing wrong with brand loyalty, but what you obviously mean is, there is nothing wrong with brand loyalty as long as the brand isn't John Deere.

Funny thing is Kubota owners get so bent out of shape when JD is mentioned, but from what I've seen, JD owners couldn't care less when someone brags about their Kubota. Why do you think that is? I've bragged about my Kubota many times on this forum, and never once do I remember being attacked by JD fans.
    JD 3720 with R4s and bulldozer capabilities.
    X740

Tractor
    B3200, L5740,

Ah man really?
    L5740 LA854 loader
    L3130 LA723 loader sold
    B3200 LA504 loader
    B1550 sold
    B2620 sold
    B4200 sold
    F2680E
    ZD1211
    GF1800 sold
    Kubota RTV900
    JD 850D Gator sold
    JD F935 x 2 sold
    Case 590SM-2
    JD 310D TLB sold
    Ford 555D sold
    Gehl 602 excavator sold
    JD317 sold
    JD323D

you fell (actually plopped) in alright...no denying it...otherwise you wouldn't still be flailing away struggling to get out...too funny!
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct yet sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Tractor
    Kubota L35

I know it's your story and likely happened but based on you saying, Deere has best all around performance from a tire traction test just would not convince me to trade my ole kubota in for a Deere.

I operate heavy equipment for a living and am a yellow paint Deere fan but rest assure, Deere has it's fair share of problems. Also Caterpillar is generally the more expensive of the two.

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

you fell (actually plopped) in alright...no denying it...otherwise you wouldn't still be flailing away struggling to get out...too funny!

Ok fine, more stupid remarks. I think I know you enough from this thread, not to expect much more.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Ok fine, more stupid remarks. I think I know you enough from this thread, not to expect much more.
    Really funny coming from someone that has made so many incorrect assumptions in your replies to my posts in this thread...flail on...
    Slash Pine

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast