Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere, several

Default Re: Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

Few posts have poked so many folk in a sensitive spot.
    As for deere owner elitism? I don't see that but instead a lot of jealous owners of brands x,y,z. Taking pokes at the Deere owner.
    It's almost like a large gathering of motor cycle riders . There are two groups. The Harley's and everybody else and every other brand together .All complaining about Harley's while wishing that they actually could have one.
    I don't see the purchase of Deere any more expensive than any other brand. However deere's higher retained value than other brands. Certainly brings out the whining from the broke or cheap skates wanting the lowest used price per HP.

A lot of people are all hissy that Pappy's and Grand Pappy's favourite tractor company is broke, gone, merged, phased out, amalgamated and really does 't exist. Then there is the rival green company that is still there . That alone will cause hard feelings.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by buickanddeere View Post
    As for deere owner elitism? I don't see that but instead a lot of jealous owners of brands x,y,z. Taking pokes at the Deere owner.
    It's almost like a large gathering of motor cycle riders . There are two groups. The Harley's and everybody else and every other brand together .All complaining about Harley's while wishing that they actually could have one.
    I don't see the purchase of Deere any more expensive than any other brand. However deere's higher retained value than other brands. Certainly brings out the whining from the broke or cheap skates wanting the lowest used price per HP.

A lot of people are all hissy that Pappy's and Grand Pappy's favourite tractor company is broke, gone, merged, phased out, amalgamated and really does 't exist. Then there is the rival green company that is still there . That alone will cause hard feelings.
    You ain't met my BIL
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Then there is the rival green company that is still there . That alone will cause hard feelings.
    IMHO JD is relying on the reputation of past dealer & equipment performance. With the change to mega-dealers and equipment failures it will be interesting to see how long they stay where they are. JD is certainly not the same company it was in the 60's-80's.

Tractor
    B3200, L5740,

Really, not you too. Give it a rest.
    L5740 LA854 loader
    L3130 LA723 loader sold
    B3200 LA504 loader
    B1550 sold
    B2620 sold
    B4200 sold
    F2680E
    GF1800
    Kubota RTV900
    JD 850D Gator sold
    JD F935 x 2 sold
    JD 310D TLB
    Gehl 602 excavator

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Tractor
    1026R

I wouldn' t take a Harley if you gave me one - crap!

Tractor
    2008 2305 jd

Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post
    I wouldn' t take a Harley if you gave me one - crap!
    I would, and then trade it for a John deere.
    Henri

How could you be told I was french?

Rotary cutter 4' Howse , mid mount mower 54'' , f.e. loader 200CX , tiller RT1150 Frontier , cultivator PC1001 Frontier , middle buster PM1001 Frontier , JD 47'' front snowblower , pallet forks , grass-sweeper , quick hitch Speeco , trailer hitch , cab Jodale-Perry , trailer 16' galvanized Easy-Hauler ,

Tractor
    Kubota B26, John deere X595

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    IMHO JD is relying on the reputation of past dealer & equipment performance. With the change to mega-dealers and equipment failures it will be interesting to see how long they stay where they are. JD is certainly not the same company it was in the 60's-80's.
    It is certainly happening with many businesses today, old companies living off their reputation and past history, but not living up to it. I just don't see that with John Deere. Reason being is that they still produce the best product on the market today, IMO. Yes you are definitely paying the price for it and possibly even a tad more than its actually worth. But if you leave the price out of the equation for a moment and just look at the machine itself, its hard to argue that its not the best tractor being sold today.

JD may not be the same company it was in the 60's-80's, maybe just maybe, its even better. My opinion and I'm stickin' to it. Before you all attack me, lets keep in mind this is a tractor forum, not just a kubota forum.
    2010 Kubota B26 TLB w/hyd thumb. 2004 John Deere X595 w/62" MMM.

Carl Bertuzzi

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bert View Post
    It is certainly happening with many businesses today, old companies living off their reputation and past history, but not living up to it. I just don't see that with John Deere. Reason being is that they still produce the best product on the market today, IMO. Yes you are definitely paying the price for it and possibly even a tad more than its actually worth. But if you leave the price out of the equation for a moment and just look at the machine itself, its hard to argue that its not the best tractor being sold today.

JD may not be the same company it was in the 60's-80's, maybe just maybe, its even better. My opinion and I'm stickin' to it. Before you all attack me, lets keep in mind this is a tractor forum, not just a kubota forum.
    If John Deere was any better, it would actually be illegal to posess one

The way I see it (the OP) is more of an absurdity between the experience and the way it was related (and titled)...
    I've already said I have viewed this thread (starting with the OP) as "tongue in cheek"...IMO the ONLY reason you see other than JD owners reacting is because of the attitude so many JD owners have...
    Slash Pine
    blunt and succinct but sincere...in the immortal words of Popeye..."I yam what I yam"

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast