Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #271  
Few posts have poked so many folk in a sensitive spot.
As for Deere owner elitism? I don't see that but instead a lot of jealous owners of brands x,y,z. Taking pokes at the Deere owner.
It's almost like a large gathering of motor cycle riders . There are two groups. The Harley's and everybody else and every other brand together .All complaining about Harley's while wishing that they actually could have one.
I don't see the purchase of Deere any more expensive than any other brand. However deere's higher retained value than other brands. Certainly brings out the whining from the broke or cheap skates wanting the lowest used price per HP.

A lot of people are all hissy that Pappy's and Grand Pappy's favourite tractor company is broke, gone, merged, phased out, amalgamated and really does 't exist. Then there is the rival green company that is still there . That alone will cause hard feelings.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #272  
As for Deere owner elitism? I don't see that but instead a lot of jealous owners of brands x,y,z. Taking pokes at the Deere owner.
It's almost like a large gathering of motor cycle riders . There are two groups. The Harley's and everybody else and every other brand together .All complaining about Harley's while wishing that they actually could have one.
I don't see the purchase of Deere any more expensive than any other brand. However deere's higher retained value than other brands. Certainly brings out the whining from the broke or cheap skates wanting the lowest used price per HP.

A lot of people are all hissy that Pappy's and Grand Pappy's favourite tractor company is broke, gone, merged, phased out, amalgamated and really does 't exist. Then there is the rival green company that is still there . That alone will cause hard feelings.
You ain't met my BIL:laughing:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #273  
Then there is the rival green company that is still there . That alone will cause hard feelings.

IMHO JD is relying on the reputation of past dealer & equipment performance. With the change to mega-dealers and equipment failures it will be interesting to see how long they stay where they are. JD is certainly not the same company it was in the 60's-80's.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #274  

Really, not you too. Give it a rest.:pullinghair:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota

:applause: :applause: :cool2: :drink:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #276  

I wouldn' t take a Harley if you gave me one - crap!

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota
IMHO JD is relying on the reputation of past dealer & equipment performance. With the change to mega-dealers and equipment failures it will be interesting to see how long they stay where they are. JD is certainly not the same company it was in the 60's-80's.

It is certainly happening with many businesses today, old companies living off their reputation and past history, but not living up to it. I just don't see that with John Deere. Reason being is that they still produce the best product on the market today, IMO. Yes you are definitely paying the price for it and possibly even a tad more than its actually worth. But if you leave the price out of the equation for a moment and just look at the machine itself, its hard to argue that its not the best tractor being sold today.

JD may not be the same company it was in the 60's-80's, maybe just maybe, its even better. My opinion and I'm stickin' to it. Before you all attack me, lets keep in mind this is a tractor forum, not just a Kubota forum.

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #279  
It is certainly happening with many businesses today, old companies living off their reputation and past history, but not living up to it. I just don't see that with John Deere. Reason being is that they still produce the best product on the market today, IMO. Yes you are definitely paying the price for it and possibly even a tad more than its actually worth. But if you leave the price out of the equation for a moment and just look at the machine itself, its hard to argue that its not the best tractor being sold today.

JD may not be the same company it was in the 60's-80's, maybe just maybe, its even better. My opinion and I'm stickin' to it. Before you all attack me, lets keep in mind this is a tractor forum, not just a Kubota forum.

If John Deere was any better, it would actually be illegal to posess one:drink:

/ Smaller John Deere out pulls bigger Kubota #280  

The way I see it (the OP) is more of an absurdity between the experience and the way it was related (and titled)...
I've already said I have viewed this thread (starting with the OP) as "tongue in cheek"...IMO the ONLY reason you see other than JD owners reacting is because of the attitude so many JD owners have...